#541 Silverfoxx

Silverfoxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationPitman, NJ USA

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I just love this song and the woman who sings it!

#542 DANCER

DANCER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

great song for moving even if you can't do the Cha Cha

Edited by DANCER, 12 April 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#543 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

This makes me feel like a carefree child again.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#544 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Chisholm - Do you have any connection to Parkinson's Disease or are you merely a barker for Florida commercial enterprises? If the later you're persona non-grata and should prepare for excommunication from this space. Byeeeee...!

#545 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#546 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

Let's move….

#547 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • LocationSeattl, WA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hope I do this right. I always like this song during a political year.

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#548 bonnieanne

bonnieanne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

This is my very first post ....I just had to .....this is an awesome topic! Music is vital and moves me in ways that nothing else can.....I love your choices in music - all of them over the last 2 yrs ( I think that's how old this topic is ) but " Luthersfaith" yours rock my soul. PPM...saw them sing this song and many others back in 1969 when I didn't even know there was something called PD and PPM were all young and skinny......best concert ever!!! The difference between being entertained (and they were superb entertainers) and listening to some singing group sing thru their latest vinyl (yes I am a child of the fifties and sixties). And have you noticed how many of the songs posted to this topic are from those two glorious decades of music?? And one final comment, a little off subject: I started seeing a speech therapist yesterday....another gift from PD......sounding like I'm in the cups at 10AM. Anyway she told me that music and singing were going to be a big part of my therapy. Something about the fact that you use a different part of your brain to sing than you do to speak..and if I go around the house singing the Beach Boy songs at the top of my lungs it will help my speech be louder.....sounds like fun doesn't it? Except for those in listening range. Maybe tomorrow I'll post a song...watch out....I think we' ve been a little light in the classical area. Thank you all for brightening my morning!!!!!

#549 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Yes, I too think there was something special about the trends in music in the 60's and 70's.

#550 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

This, this version (live concerts just can't measure up) is one is the best. I don't agree with the theology, but the song is s masterpiece.

#551 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

This is for my lovely wife.

#552 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

My my my… we are all getting older.

#553 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

Nice selections!

In the same vein --

(check out Bill Cosby!)
The One Winged Victory of Samothrace is a metaphor for our struggles, despite the odds, to keep steady and accept grace in the face of punishing adversity.

#554 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

And --

The One Winged Victory of Samothrace is a metaphor for our struggles, despite the odds, to keep steady and accept grace in the face of punishing adversity.

#555 DANCER

DANCER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

May all my parkie friends stay forever young

Edited by DANCER, 23 June 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#556 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

Anyone up for boogying, anyone? It's your last chance, from the late great Donna Summer--

#557 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

Or, if dancing isn't your thing, you can contemplate the universe --

#558 JakeL

JakeL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...3&#38;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I'm really into classical music. My favorite's Chopin!

EDIT: How do I put a youtube video here?

Edited by JakeL, 28 June 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#559 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

Welcome JakeL!

I love all kinds of music. In the classical realm, I particuarly enjoy twentieth century composers.

To post a youtube video, I go to the video, click on "share" to see the URL, then go to my toolbar, highlight it, copy it, and paste it here. (There may be a better way; that works on my Mac.)

Here is a lovely version of Ravel's Ondine by tha fantastically talented Martha Argerich.

#560 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

maybe spanish dance lessons will help with PD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users