#41 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:37 AM

Peter, as usual after the event i've realised my post might be rude. I don't mean it that way, it's just the way I talk, but in case you have read it already and are offended, i'm sorry. I forget (don't know how??) that we all speak so differently here.

#42 PeterMid

PeterMid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationLondon England

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Peter, as usual after the event i've realised my post might be rude. I don't mean it that way, it's just the way I talk, but in case you have read it already and are offended, i'm sorry. I forget (don't know how??) that we all speak so differently here.

My hide is tougher than whatever you can throw out! lol

You have a long way to go before you can match the 'dingo boy' ryan! lol

Typical dingo........high tailing it!

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!

#43 Guest_TexasT_*

Guest_TexasT_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hallelujah in Macy's

This is so cool! No matter what you may believe; this is awesome and might give you the goose bumps.
Crank up the volume!

Tonya

#44 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

Well folks,

It's Christmas Eve!!!

I'm sitting here with the christmas lights on the tree. It's early an no-ones up yet. I'm hoping some of you will post your favorite christmas records today, i'd love to hear them. We've a mad day ahead - still stuff to do, and my family descend this afternoon. So i'm just having this little bit of peace to listen to my all time favorite christmas record......and to share it with you.

Fairytale of New York

The Pogues

We've got friends coming over for christmas day, and then my husbands family on boxing day. I'm looking forward to it....my new little grandson will be having his first christmas. How special.

I usually post my daily thoughts in the YOPD section of this site, quite a few of us do, in jb's 'Good Morning' thread. But i'm chatting to everyone today. At Christmas you (I) tend to reflect back on the year a bit. Despite my diagnosis, this one goes down as a very good year. I've met new friends, both here and in real life. I've grown as a person (I know that sounds like a 'poncy' thing to say, but it's true). I've gained a greater understanding of the strength and humour and kindness inside of people.

I wonder what next year will bring. My hope is that it brings relief for all of you that suffer with this disease. Or at the very least, I hope you find ways to relieve the discomfort. And my other hope? World peace and happiness! And if everyone in the world wanted that, we'd have it wouldn't we...

Lifes not perfect is it. But as I sit here in the morning darkness with my little christmas tree lights twinkling I have to say it's pretty darn good, and I truly appreciate how lucky I am to be warm and safe and well fed. And to be loved. I hope you all have someone to share your Chritsmas with. If not, post a message. There are lots of lovely people here who will respond.

So, the christmas hubub? I say Bring it on!! Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you like the song

Gx

ps Petermid....this is a MUSIC store my man.....go to Smiths for your documentaries lol.

#45 Guest_TexasT_*

Guest_TexasT_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

Sue,

Your words were very lovely and honest. I appreciate you! Thanks for sharing with us! BTW, what is boxing day?

Here's a favorite:Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY FAMILY HERE!
Love, Tonya (TexasT)

#46 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

Tonya, my dear dear friend....you have melted me with this song!

Boxing day? The day after Christmas day. I don't know why it's called boxing day.....it just is! I would google it but it feels like cheating!

#47 blvincent

blvincent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationWillard, Missouri

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas, i will add some music from one of my favorite ladies, Miss Julie Andrews, First part is from my favorite Musical, "The Sound of Music" That is the top of my Bucket List, to someday go to Austria & see the Mountains of my dreams, I have a tour guide that lives there ready to show me around. I hope you all enjoy this Music!!!

Bryan

#48 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

When I was a child, I loved black and white movies. I still do. Every Christmas my family watched old recordings of Judy Garland's black and white TV show. I couldn't think of a more glamorous Christmas then and can't think of one more glamorous now -- Judy Garland and Mel Torme lounging around the piano singing my favorite Christmas song, "The Christmas Song." Slip into your winter frock ladies, or don your smoking jacket gents, grab a hot buttered rum, an Irish coffee, or a spiked eggnog, and enjoy:

Edited by tremorgrrrl, 25 December 2010 - 12:28 PM.

The One Winged Victory of Samothrace is a metaphor for our struggles, despite the odds, to keep steady and accept grace in the face of punishing adversity.

#49 PeterMid

PeterMid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationLondon England

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:34 AM

Here's a great tune by Spandau Ballet

#50 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

Anne, i'm with you on some of the old films

I was watching one yesterday....reminds me of when I was a kid - every saturday afternoon I would watch a musical with my mum. Here's a song from yesterdays...a real classic...
and Gene Kelly is such a good dancer

Singing in th Rain

Enjoy!

#51 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

This years love

David Gray

#52 PeterMid

PeterMid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationLondon England

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:13 AM

Queens best song in my opinion

#53 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:31 AM

And for another heartbreaker...

The late, great Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah." Many artists have covered this song but none as affectingly as Jeff.

The One Winged Victory of Samothrace is a metaphor for our struggles, despite the odds, to keep steady and accept grace in the face of punishing adversity.

#54 PeterMid

PeterMid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationLondon England

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

I pull my PD thorn out once in awhile...........

#55 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

What a great party this is turning into....

Peter...Queen..so hard to pick a favorite....when my husband played football (before his knees gave out on him)..this one always got played at the end of the night when we had a 'do'...acompanied by lots of very loud off-key singing, group hugs and beer thrown everywhere.....everyone loved everyone and for the length of the song, life was grand!

We are the Champions

I'm dedicating this one to you Peter, I love your spirit and humour...you may have lost a lot in life, but you are still here and this forum would be a sadder place without you. Turn up the volume and sing your heart out!

#56 PeterMid

PeterMid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationLondon England

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

Thanks Sue................I like most Queen songs and your choice is inspirational.

Another favoUrite band of mine is Mike and the Mechanics.

This song always hits a chord.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gUdiQWxps5E

#57 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

"And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be ok.."

Say it loud!

#58 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

my link

#59 Guest_TexasT_*

Guest_TexasT_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

my link

Can you feel the love tonight, Sue?

Look here

Much love is coming your way!
from T

#60 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

Tonya and Sue --

This is for you:

--TG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users