#621 LarryH0123

LarryH0123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationAiea, Hawaii

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Good Video Larry, I'm still heading to California though.

-10 Celsius, skies are grey and the leaves are brown here in Canada...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3GbF9Bx6E

Hey jb49 - I always liked the Mommas and Pappas! I also like California. I spent 10 weeks there at Loma Linda Medical Center getting treatment for prostate cancer about 5 years ago. Beautiful place. I had a lot of opportunity to explore. I rented a motorcycle and went up the Pacific Coast Hwy from Santa Monica to Monterey Bay. Had many other great adventures while there. I call it my radiation vacation.

#622 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hi Larry,

That sounds like a beautiful trip. A friend of mine went to California with his wife and they rented a Mustang convertible and drove along the Pacific coastline. He loved it too.

Yours was a helluva way to get a vacation but I am glad that you made the best of a bad situation.

Well here is a song for Sunday. If I admit remembering this song coming out when I was in High School I may not be allowed to post on the young onset forum anymore. haha!

Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#623 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Here is another Sunday Song.

Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#624 LarryH0123

LarryH0123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationAiea, Hawaii

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Sunday's on the phone to Monday.

#625 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Nostalgia… when the body was young.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#626 LarryH0123

LarryH0123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationAiea, Hawaii

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

More nostalgia - check out those amps

!

Edited by LarryH0123, 22 December 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#627 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Edited by Luthersfaith, 19 January 2013 - 10:05 AM.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#628 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

#629 Pokermid2

Pokermid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hi Gazelle......looks like this place needs some resurrecting!

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company!

#630 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

yep

#631 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

Hello Pete .....

Yes, the store has been hit by recession for sure! The general manager absconded to travel and find the man of her dreams (OWV....not sure you locked up properly....some riffraff seem to have snuck in......).

One for the ladies....a Canadian export us Brits (well, the female ones) are very happy with :-)

#632 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

And all this time I thought locking up was the responsibility of the GM...

Here is another fine Canadian import (technically a dual citizen) for all the romantics out there --

The One Winged Victory of Samothrace is a metaphor for our struggles, despite the odds, to keep steady and accept grace in the face of punishing adversity.

#633 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:16 AM

Here is another fine Canadian import (technically a dual citizen) for all the romantics out there --

TOO MUCH INFORMATION... X X X

#634 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

Luther, I think you are referring to the video as being a bit risque, rather than my comment as revealing too much information about ...?
The One Winged Victory of Samothrace is a metaphor for our struggles, despite the odds, to keep steady and accept grace in the face of punishing adversity.

#635 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

Here is something far less risque but still sweetly romantic (and nostalgic) --

#636 Pokermid2

Pokermid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

Great song and video! Thanks for posting it OWV.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company!

#637 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

And now for something completely silly--

#638 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

Luther, I think you are referring to the video as being a bit risque,

Yes Dear. :oops:

#639 zackabenie

zackabenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, Texas

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

OK, I am now sufficiently inspired. As an old rocker chick, here are some of my favorites for your listening pleasure. I have the pleasant memories of standing behind my husband as he mixed the first 2 songs in concert. DH worked as a Front of House Engineer for Judas Priest, Blue Oyster Cult, Anthrax, Testament, and several other metal bands. Great job except for the commute which kept him gone around 300 days out of the year. As for the Gilbert and Sullivan, well, you cant go wrong with a little light opera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWhInhE6emE

Judas Priest - Living After Midnight - YouTube

I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General - YouTube

PS - remember to play the first 2 at a window bending volume. It will make you dance and give the neighbors something to talk about!

Edited by zackabenie, 02 August 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Joelene -
Smile every day and laugh at least once at something the PD is now causing you to do. I personally love the "left" turns that happen as I walk. The smile really works - it makes everyone worry what you have been up to!

#640 invisable

invisable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Lots of great memories here, I was a rock and roll lover of the 60's & 70's. Nothing like that music, nothing!!

Beatles, (Abby Road, White Album loved them!), Rolling Stones, The Who, The Kinks, The Byrds, Moody Blues (saw them a few years back, still Fabulous!)

The only newer band that comes close (only close not equal) in my opinion is U2, of course they are about 20 years old now too! lol!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users