#1 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

My doctor has prescribed Lunesta because I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. This has been happening since I wa diagnosed with PD about a month ago. I was under the impression that Lunesta helps you go to sleep but does not necessarily help you stay asleep. I fall to sleep quickly. Lunesta is expensive. Is it worth my while to get the prescription filled? Thank you.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#2 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Board Certified Pharmacist

• Ask the Pharmacist Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

It is a good medication to help you het and stay asleep. It is expensive, but you can go to www.lunesta.com to get a voucher for a free week and money off future fills.
Another good one, that I prefer because it just came out in generic, is Ambien Cr. The 6.25 and 12.5 just came out in generic and work well at getting you to sleep and helping you stay asleep. I know many people who use it and a great asset of this, and Lunesta, is very little (if any) drug hangover in the morning.
I think bang for the buck, Ambien may be a good. Hoive due to the fact that generic is now available.
Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

#3 howietx

howietx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

I was told I had PD in June 2010 and soon after had sleeping problems and my doctor put me on Ambien CR and it does a great job and I sleep all night without a hangover effect. Also, suggest you Google any new drugs as many have rebates and coupons. I started Ambien CR before the generic came out and they had a rebate program monthly for a year.

#4 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Board Certified Pharmacist

• Ask the Pharmacist Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

We all work as q family here. Thanks howie. There are mant manufacturer rebates out there. If you type in the nay of the medication the .com (example lunesta.com) it will bring you right to the site.
It never hurts to look for these or ask your dr for samples. Many of them have them, all you have to do is ask. They understand, and plus, you are the one paying the bill.
Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users