E-Newsletter Signup Like us on Facebook Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter
Photo

Anyone under 30 here? And also... i found this on the net!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AnxiousAn

AnxiousAn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:43 AM

Hi all!!!

It's me again... just would like to know if there's anyone in this forum who is currently under the age of 30? Or perhaps... slightly above the 30?

Other than that... I found this on the net!!! Apparently, this professor in colorado managed to find a drug that stops the progression of PD! Please see below...

And yes... the tremor is now stronger than before... I went to a private neurologist here... and even he said it's all in my head! Well it's not!!! I could feel the energy in my right hand the other morning when I woke ( I was trying to stop my right fingers from shaking!)... i can't describe the feeling... but the more i stopped my right fingers from moving the more energy my right hand had... running around up and down my arm looking for an outlet - my body started shaking as a result!

Anyways... click on the lick below!! Oh, I pray that hope is just around the corner...

http://www.scienceda...10308173236.htm

Best wishes,

Andi

#2 Capa

Capa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

I just turned 30 and was just diagnosed. Thank you so much for this link!

#3 woodbee

woodbee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:28 AM

Andi

I'm not 30...but thanks for sharing the article. I usually read
That web site pretty often but missed that article. I could handle taking a few " horse" pills everyday if I thought it would stop my PD. Now if they could just speed through some clinical trials and food and dug approval ....

#4 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

I'm a shade over thirty......well, 44 to be precise, but who's counting? Thanks for sharing this Andi.

#5 teachn2

teachn2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

I, too, am a shade over 30 at 46, HAHA! Thanks for sharing the link Andi! I too pray that hope for a cure is a little closer!

#6 Pmart2

Pmart2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

im 23...dx at 17. Anyone on fb here cuz i dont get on here a lot.
teamfox.org/2011/praveen

#7 Love&OtherDrugs

Love&OtherDrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

I'm also 23 :)

Thanks for the link!

#8 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

Well, I too am on the shady side of 30, well actually, Its really, really shady, almost need a flashlight, actually it is full shadows to 30 from my decade, but I do have kids turning 30!

I am happy to say hi to Pmart. (Bean) I thought that you had disappeared on us. Be tough, jb
Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#9 molly17395

molly17395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

Hi all!!!

It's me again... just would like to know if there's anyone in this forum who is currently under the age of 30? Or perhaps... slightly above the 30?

Other than that... I found this on the net!!! Apparently, this professor in colorado managed to find a drug that stops the progression of PD! Please see below...

And yes... the tremor is now stronger than before... I went to a private neurologist here... and even he said it's all in my head! Well it's not!!! I could feel the energy in my right hand the other morning when I woke ( I was trying to stop my right fingers from shaking!)... i can't describe the feeling... but the more i stopped my right fingers from moving the more energy my right hand had... running around up and down my arm looking for an outlet - my body started shaking as a result!

Anyways... click on the lick below!! Oh, I pray that hope is just around the corner...

http://www.scienceda...10308173236.htm

Best wishes,

Andi

That is exactly what happens to me! and they say it's in my head too! I'm only 21... its Like if I really think about it I can stop it for like maybe 15 seconds but its like a build up.... of yeah energy. I joke to my friends that its just the magic trying to get out of my fingers :)

#10 LStar

LStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

I am 27, thank you for the interesting Link

#11 rws2266

rws2266

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMontrose, CO

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

I am 46, diagnosed two years ago, but looking back I began exhibiting symptoms in my late 20's, just didn't think much of it at the time. Thought the tremor was just being nervous and the loss of sense of smell from working around photo chemicals. If you have a family history of PD, get checked as soon as you suspect anything may be wrong. After waiting so long I seem to be progressing rather quickly at this point.

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users