SWOLLEN HANDS PAINFUL FINGERS //JOINT PAIN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:25 AM

DEAR DR'S:

IT SEEMS SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON THE AZILECT THAT I HAVE SEVER PAIN ESPECIALLY IN THE AM IN MY HANDS AND FINGERS ........MY FINGERS ARE SO SWOLLEN THAT I CAN'T WEAR MY RINGS. IT IS BILATERAL. IT GETS SOMEWHAT BETTER THRU THE DAY ...I AM ON A COMPUTER AT WORK....MY SKIN ALSO HAS A SUNBUN-ISH LOOK .......ANY IDEAS? i was treated for carpal tunnel but my PT thought it odd that it came on both sides
thank you

rgds,
jfm

#2 Dr. Fernandez

Dr. Fernandez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:21 AM

That is not something I alwasy here about azilect, but you never know. It is easy enough to test. I suggest getting rid of it for two weeks (it has a long half life so you need this time period) and then putting it back after that (so in case the swelling and pain disappears, you know it is not incidental). See if the swelling disappears off azilect and returns on azilect.

Yours,
Hubert H. Fernandez

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

I have also been experiencing extreme joint pain in my left hand over the last week or so (PD symptoms right-sided). I've been on Azilect for about 3 weeks and was actually seeing a great deal of improvement with it recently, but have no other explanation for the pain - no injury etc. I went off the Azilect 2 days ago to see if it was the meds. Do you have any other information on joint pain with Azilect? How long to tell if it is the meds?

#4 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

Advanced Member

• Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Azilect usually does not cause joint pain, but rather dopamine deficiency can underlie symptoms. I usually try sinemet or agonists first for PD related pain. I also examine the patient for other neurological possibilities like a pinched nerve.
Michael S. Okun, M.D.
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users