#1 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

Another question from the PD lady who dared ask about sex, and poop..............now I'm gonna ask about pee.

I find that late at night, and in the middle of the night, when the sinemet has worn off, I have the urge and need to pee but I can't. The muscles just won't let it happen. If I sit long enough and push like I'm giving birth, I can go but not completely empty my bladder. So then I don't really sleep well because I feel like I gotta pee. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if I should ask for sinemet cr for bedtime?

Went for the sleep study that the University of Penn asked me to do in support of their research - sleep and PPD. I hope I never actually need to have another one! I got very little sleep. LOL the doctor conducting the study came in a few times and asked if I needed anything and please relax. How can you relax with those things taped to your skin? And all the wires! As a result of little sleep, I felt absolutely horrible yesterday. PD full blown. Neighbor had a clambake and I didn't stay.

Today my son's roommate and mom are coming so we can be sure the boys have everything they need for their dorm room. We take him to Lock Haven next Saturday. When did my baby grow up?

Have a good day
God Bless

#2 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

No fun being a Guinea Pig. We are so blessed to live at a time in history when we have such massive medical knowledge... much of which was acquired upon the shoulders of regular people who were Guinea Pigs.

No bladder problems here... yet.

Concerning your son. I wish I could invent a pill that keeps kids at 3 years old. (Not ! But those were really fun years. I was a homeschooling stay-at-home dad for two of those years. They were great.) I have a daughter who's a Junior at Indiana U. But we live 25 miles away so she commutes and I see her when she is not busy. We just took our first son to University 135 miles away. I never lived in a dorm myself, so when he was packing and when we unloaded in his room, it was quite the experience.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#3 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

Sometimes when I go to bed I feel like I have to pee also and get up and can't that much so I go back to bed and feel like I have to pee again. One thing that seemed to help is not drinking liquids before bedtime (this is a trick if you have a puppy that you want to wait till morning to pee). And peeing before going to bed whatever is in the bladder whether I feel like going or not. I'm not on medication.

My kids grew up and now I get to be the child. But it's fun remembering the good times. One son stayed at the dorms one year during college and I remember going to see the room and looking up at the ceiling in the hall saw a piece of pizza sticking there. Well, I remember it that way. Those were the good old days.
<3.<3.<3.

#4 carol42

carol42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

HI J maybe you have a bladder infection,you shud go till doctors bring a sample for them to test just to be on safe side.. :huh:

#5 CynthiaM

CynthiaM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

I had an incident quite a few years ago that landed me in the emergency room. I couldn't pee for a whole day and my lower abdomen was bloating up a lot and becoming painful. The doctor couldn't explain why and he had a nurse put in a catheter. After they emptied my bladder, they took the cath out and sent me home. Never was able to explain why that happened. There was no infection and it never happened again. This happened long before I experienced any PD symptoms.

I think Carol gave good advice. Wouldn't hurt to have the dr check for infection just to be on the safe side.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass......It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#6 netgypsy

netgypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

I know you want me to add my two cents worth here. HAHAHA

First of all buy a box of UTI test strips and keep them on hand and check for a UTI any time you have this happen. You can get them at most drug stores.

Urinary urgencies are extremely common when sinemet wears off and go away when the sinemet is working so by all means get some sinemet CR. It is WONDERFUL. I had good luck with two drugs to stop this but once I started on sinemet I no longer needed them unless I had a crash - which I do have regularly because of food interference, BUT there are many other reasons to use sinemet CR at night. When the sinemet wears off EVERYTHING stiffens up including your intestines, blood vessels and all sorts of other things besides the muscles you use consciously. I have horrendously high blood pressure at night if my sinemet wears off so I even overdose a bit just to keep it down. I take the CR every six hours and use the regular for rescue and to jump a gap so I can take the CR at bedtime. It will pretty much take you through the night. Then in the morning if I want to sleep in I just chew a regular 25/100 tablet, snooze for a couple of hours, then take my CR for the day. SOOO much easier than doing the regular sinemet all day long. You only get about 70% of the CR and start low to see just how much it will build up on you during the day as I was taking a really high dose and going manic in the afternoon. What is manic? Think of an ADHD 8th grade boy with 6 cups of coffee and a couple of beers.OBNOXIOUS, KNOW IT ALL, I CAN DO ANYTHING so don't bother to tell me why I shouldn't. The pitiful part of it though is that you'll feel great but your SO will be ready to smack you by the time it wears off, which it does. It's funny unless you do what I did and go out back with a bunch of horses and step in a hole and twist my ankle and get laid up for two week and get a couple of blood clots in my leg, one of which caused a pulmonary embolism. VERY DUMB of me. But I was taking a 50/200 every two hours because I had some things going on where I had to be "on" all the time. Now I take 1.5 50/200 every six hours with excellent results. So you see why I went manic. You won't go manic unless you really load up on it is what I'm trying to say. Certainly not just taking it at night or every six hours as the pharmacist recommended as a starting point.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

#7 lethe

lethe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

Three years ago I had a bad psychological and physical reaction to meds, ended up in Intensive Care (twice) and was peeing every 1 1/2 hours, 24/7. Ended up wearing a catheter for 4 agonizing months. Had a euro-dynamics test. They thought I'd have to self-catherize twice a day. It ended up I had a spasmadic bladder. Altho the Dr wanted me to take meds to control sudden urges, I've since trained myself to empty my bladder more completely. It takes a while but I've learnt to relax and not rush it or prematurely stop urinating. Medical marijuana really helps relax the bladder so I don't have to go in the middle of the night much.

#8 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for all of your replies! I knew I could count on you!

I'm fine during the day. It's just at night when all the sinemet wears off. I think the next time I see my doc I'll ask about sinemet cr for night.

Thanks again! I'm sure eventually I'll have another good question for you.

God Bless

#9 LStar

LStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

This was one of the worst symptoms for me...it was to a point where I'd take a pillow and sleep on the toilet against the wall. I was going on average between 15-30 times a day. Life altering. I had bladder injections 3 times a week with Elmiron...not until they started me on sinemet did I start to feel normal. Im going to ask about the CR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users