9 replies to this topic

#1 Jack65

Jack65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

Just wondering I have had so many problems lately with my jaw and neck being really tight painful to move. Anyone out there have this issue and what did you do to clam it down?
Jack

#2 rws2266

rws2266

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMontrose, CO

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

Haven't had the jaw stiffness, but the muscle in the back of my neck at the base of my skull would get so tight, it felt like it was trying to pull my brain out of the back of my head and caused bad headaches. Mirapex has greatly reduced all of my muscle stiffness so far.

#3 KiminJapan

KiminJapan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationKanazawa, Japan

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

This was a problem for when I took 10 mg/day of Selegiline. Cut the dose to 5 mg/day, increased exercise and lots of stretching; haven't had bad trouble since making those changes, just need to be careful not to sit at the computer too long.

#4 teachn2

teachn2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

I have not had jaw stiffness but have had stiffness, aching and pain in the neck and shoulders. After being dxd 18 months ago, just started on mirapex 2 1/2 weeks ago hoping for relief from stiffness, aching, pain and tremor. Mirapex has really helped the pain, aches and stiffness in shoulders and neck. Unfortunately, not getting much relief from tremor.

#5 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

Mirapex was the wonder drug that has relieved all my stiffness - overall body.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#6 Trudi

Trudi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:45 AM

I go to the Chiropractor. For me, my neck and shoulder pain is cause by my body wanting to lean to my PD affected side. I go to the Chiropractor about twice a month and it keeps me straight and I don't have any pain.

#7 Jack65

Jack65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:26 AM

Thanks guys - i take Mirapex + Carba/Leva - i need to stretch more - chiropractor sounds good. Head back to the states in dec and maybe i need a meds adjustment. i am gonna try the chiropractor for sure!
peace
jack

#8 kynlyn

kynlyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

Botox! I have both jaw and neck stiffness/pain and have had Botox injections for the jaw stiffness every 3 months for almost 2 years and it works amazingly well. I have had occasional injections for the neck stiffness, but also see a chiropractor for that problem. If your jaw is really bad I would definitely recommend trying Botox.

Yvonne

#9 Jack65

Jack65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

Botox! I have both jaw and neck stiffness/pain and have had Botox injections for the jaw stiffness every 3 months for almost 2 years and it works amazingly well. I have had occasional injections for the neck stiffness, but also see a chiropractor for that problem. If your jaw is really bad I would definitely recommend trying Botox.

Yvonne

Huh I had no idea - i will look into that. does your doc do that?

#10 kynlyn

kynlyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Yes - MDS does the injections and they are covered by my insurance (most will cover with appropriate diagnosis code and documentation).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users