• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mcfly123

mcfly123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

Dizziness and internal tremors were two of my first symptoms before I was Dx with parkinson's. When I research online I find that dizzyness is often mentioned as an effect of the medications. I want all to know that I had the dizziness before the medications. Also I have found that most of the pain I experience with PD is from the muscles becoming stiff. Does anyone have any comments with regard to dizziness? This baffled the neuro's but if should not have.

Edited by mcfly123, 28 December 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#2 CynthiaM

CynthiaM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

Dizzyness and internal tremors were two of my first symptoms before I was Dx with parkinson's. When I research online I find that dizzyness is often mentioned as an effect of the medications. I want all to know that I had the dizzyness before the medications. Also I have found that most of the pain I experience with PD is from the muscles becoming stiff. Does anyone have any comments with regard to dizzyness? This baffled the neuro's but if should not have.

My first symptoms were dizziness, falls, loss of coordination, fatigue, muscle pain and weakness. That was over 10 years ago. I was only diagnosed with PD in March of this year. At my neurologist appointment last week, he said that he was worried because I am having a poor response to the meds for someone that has only had PD for a year or two. He said that at this stage the Sinemet should not wear off so fast. I said to him that I've had PD much longer and that I've been having symptoms since early in 2000. I told him about all the tests that the GP, The Neurologist, The infectious Disease doc and the arthritis doc did back then and that I never got a diagnosis. He then said to me that I've only had symptoms for about 2 years because the tremors didn't start til 2009. When I asked him why I could never get a diagnosis of anything back in 2000 his response was "you were a lot younger back then so no one probably looked for PD."

I've also wondered if another problem I've had off and on for years is PD related. Has anyone ever had the "pins and needles" sensation that lasts for 2 or 3 days? I can remember clearly the first time it happened to me. I was 6 months pregnant with my daughter that is now 24 years old. My face, my hands and forearms started tingling like they had went to sleep and were just waking up. It was a very unsettling feeling. During this time I also found that I couldn't urinate at all. So I ended up in the emergency room. They catheterized me and that solved that but the tingling lasted several more days. The doctors followed up on it but never were able to decide what caused it even after numerous tests. I've had that tingling stuff come back anywhere from 2-10 times a year ever since. What makes me think it might be PD related is that I haven't had it happen since I started taking PD meds.

I just noticed that you are new to the forums here and that this was your first posting. I want to say "welcome" and hope that you will stick around and share with us how you are doing.

Edited by CynthiaM, 11 December 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass......It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#3 Capa

Capa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

My first symptom was also dizziness.

#4 mcfly123

mcfly123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

My first symptoms were dizziness, falls, loss of coordination, fatigue, muscle pain and weakness. That was over 10 years ago. I was only diagnosed with PD in March of this year. At my neurologist appointment last week, he said that he was worried because I am having a poor response to the meds for someone that has only had PD for a year or two. He said that at this stage the Sinemet should not wear off so fast. I said to him that I've had PD much longer and that I've been having symptoms since early in 2000. I told him about all the tests that the GP, The Neurologist, The infectious Disease doc and the arthritis doc did back then and that I never got a diagnosis. He then said to me that I've only had symptoms for about 2 years because the tremors didn't start til 2009. When I asked him why I could never get a diagnosis of anything back in 2000 his response was "you were a lot younger back then so no one probably looked for PD."

I've also wondered if another problem I've had off and on for years is PD related. Has anyone ever had the "pins and needles" sensation that lasts for 2 or 3 days? I can remember clearly the first time it happened to me. I was 6 months pregnant with my daughter that is now 24 years old. My face, my hands and forearms started tingling like they had went to sleep and were just waking up. It was a very unsettling feeling. During this time I also found that I couldn't urinate at all. So I ended up in the emergency room. They catheterized me and that solved that but the tingling lasted several more days. The doctors followed up on it but never were able to decide what caused it even after numerous tests. I've had that tingling stuff come back anywhere from 2-10 times a year ever since. What makes me think it might be PD related is that I haven't had it happen since I started taking PD meds.

I just noticed that you are new to the forums here and that this was your first posting. I want to say "welcome" and hope that you will stick around and share with us how you are doing.

#5 mcfly123

mcfly123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Thanks Cytnthia --I should tell you that I also was not diagnosed until this year and I had symptoms for a few years --It took the doctors a long time to figure it out because my tremors were internal. They could not see them. My meds wear out fast (sinemet 50/200 -i take half pills 5 times per day)-- I get the pins and needles but the sensation I hate is when my legs or arms turn ice cold. My neck gets so stiff that I get a killer headache. I work full time and it is so hard not to fall asleep from fatigue. Thanks for replying
-mcfly

Edited by mcfly123, 12 December 2011 - 09:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users