• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beckyj

beckyj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I just signed up for this... My mom is 70 years old and has had PD for 4 years now.. She is having a very hard time with things it seems they get her tremors under control and then here they come again.. She has been having problems with walking and falls and in the past 2 1/2 weeks she has developed Neuropathy and the pain in her feet is very bad and now she can't walk at all on her own... It is so hard sometime to watch what she is going through but like so many other things you never really know what a disease is until someone in your life comes down with it, You know we just never take the time to learn or talk to someone that has the disease.... I am excited to have found this and have a place to talk with other people that are going through this experience as we are!!!

#2 Lin

Lin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hi Becky,

Wanted to welcome you. Am sorry your mom is having such a rough time. She is lucky, though, to have a loving, supportive daughter. I am a YOPDer, not a caregiver, and not too far along in my journey. My only advice is for both of you to make use of this website's forums/helpline to connect with others and gain knowledge, advice and support. It is hard to explain the comfort and friendship that can be found here. Wishing you the best, Lin

#3 beckyj

beckyj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

[quote name='Lin' date='20 February 2012 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1329761804' post='46306']
Hi Becky,

Wanted to welcome you. Am sorry your mom is having such a rough time. She is lucky, though, to have a loving, supportive daughter. I am a YOPDer, not a caregiver, and not too far along in my journey. My only advice is for both of you to make use of this website's forums/helpline to connect with others and gain knowledge, advice and support. It is hard to explain the comfort and friendship that can be found here. Wishing you the best, Lin
[/quote

Lin,
Thank you I am new to the lingo YOPDer is that young onset pd? Thank you we try to do all we can I hope that you have a great support system. That is what I was trying to do I read everything that I can and that is why I started with this forum... Thanks for your info!!!! Blessing to you!!! Becky

#4 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • LocationSeattl, WA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Welcome. Becky. My husband Ray is jsut beginning to come around to the fact that he already IS a caregiver, nearly two years after initial diagnosis and about 19 years after the beginning of my first PD symptoms. But, he is coming around!!!
Be good to your Mom but remember to be good to yourself, too.Posted Image

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users