johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hi,
I saw this article yesterday. Look up LSVT global.com Just finished talking to a rep.They also do the LOUD program.

#2 wwater

wwater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLansdale, PA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm currently doing LSVT LOUD and I've noticede an improvement. I complete the program next week.

#3 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

My husband completed the LSVT last summer and it really helped his voice. The follow up practice is important!

Husband diagnosed in 2005-Medicines: Azilect, Artane, and Amantadine; Sister and Best Friend from Childhood also have PD

#4 mattss

mattss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

I have just completed the four week therapy. It has made a big difference in meetings at work and at the drive thru window... they can hear me now. I understand I will need to keep regular practice up several times a week for a long time. I still have some swallowing problems but that is better too, the therapist gave suggestions on foods to avoid and other hints on how to eat and encourage swallow.

#5 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

My husband is going for some "tune-up" visits with his speech therapist this coming week. I think it will help his swallowing too. Last night we were with friends watching a movie and he choked on water. They were very concerned but it seemed almost commonplace to me.

Husband diagnosed in 2005-Medicines: Azilect, Artane, and Amantadine; Sister and Best Friend from Childhood also have PD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users