#1 carruthers209

carruthers209

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationStockton, CA

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

I just found the Alzheimer's Reading Room. I think it was recommended in the NY Times. It is an extraordinary resource for caregivers and readers. I find myself reading the articles by Bob Demarco who cares for his mother as well as many contributions from professionals in the field. There is a lot to learn and this site provides answers to some perplexing problems that neurological diseases create. I've bookmarked the site because there is so much valuable information embedded there as well as a place to just "read" interesting articles.

www.alzheimersreadingroom.com

"The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the number one source of life news for the entire Alzheimer's community.

The site focuses on Alzheimer's disease and the art of Alzheimer's caregiving.

On the Alzheimer's Reading Room, we tackle real world problems and offer advice and solutions on issues like: repetitive questioning, challenging behavior, how to understand Alzheimer's disease, how to cope with the disease, and how to communicate effectively with a person living with dementia.

We understand the most common problems like: wandering, urinary tract infections, incontinence, showering, toileting, dental care, driving, caregiver loneliness, nursing home selection, memory care facilities, treatments, medications, hospice, and managing expectations as the disease progresses.

We discuss issues that are important to Alzheimer's caregivers. We provide specific insight, advice, and solutions based on real life experience.

We have a growing number of Alzheimer's professionals that willingly share their advice, knowledge, and experience."

Edited by carruthers209, 03 March 2012 - 12:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users