#21 inspector

inspector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationStockton, CA.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

We also have a sleep number bed with the pillow top but to help extend sleeping time on my sides we added a 2" memory foam mattress topper. We tried a 3" gel/memory foam topper and found it to be to soft, allowing my body to sink to far. It was hard to get out of the "hole" but between the adjustable feature of the sleep number bed and the 2" topper, I can easily get 4+hrs on my side. The hips and shoulders are my biggest offenders and any other mattrress I've tried to date is woefully short of the comfort we have achieved with the setup I mentioned. Good luck as sleep is important.

#22 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

Just bought a new memory foam mattress from Denver Matress. Got the less expensive Green Choice Carefree King for $519 I love it, firm and great support at a low price.

Edit: My second choice was the Serta iComfort Insight for $1699. For that price if this bed give us 5-8 years of happiness we can just buy another one! But Denver Matress give a non-prorated 15 year guarantee of 3/4 inch indentation. So if it gives that much between now and then another one is free.

Edited by Luthersfaith, 21 July 2013 - 01:44 PM.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#23 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

We are heading out to shopping for a mattress today! Very timely for this forum to pop back up. Thanks for all the ideas.

Husband diagnosed in 2005-Medicines: Azilect, Artane, and Amantadine; Sister and Best Friend from Childhood also have PD

#24 Pokermid2

Pokermid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

You all have beds?? Incredible!! You LUCKY people!

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company!

#25 zackabenie

zackabenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, Texas

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

Is a bed one of those big flat things commonly found in bedrooms? It has been so long that I have actually slept, that other than making the damn thing every morning after my husband gets up, I wouldnt know what it is.

Well maybe I know what it is - the place where the horizontal hula takes place right?
Joelene -
Smile every day and laugh at least once at something the PD is now causing you to do. I personally love the "left" turns that happen as I walk. The smile really works - it makes everyone worry what you have been up to!

#26 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

You all have beds?? Incredible!! You LUCKY people!

Lucky ??? Its called intelligent design.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#27 Pokermid2

Pokermid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Oooooh.......did I hit a nerve?

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company!

#28 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

A nerve... by no means.

#29 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

Man I love this bed.

#30 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

I have a pile of straw, is that a bed?

#31 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

I have a pile of straw, is that a bed?

Yep, if it works for you.

#32 khanzada

khanzada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

for best foam mattress for your home then you must visit https://www.facebook...siaFoamPakistan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users