4 replies to this topic

#1 sstanfield

sstanfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationkuna, idaho

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

i'm 43 and been on mirapex for about 2 years now. but i feel its time to start carb-levo. my doc agrees. i have 25/100 and supposed to take one tablet 2x a day, with reduced mirapex. any advice on what to eat? i've read avoid proteins, but i have teeth and teeth are for eating meats! any help is appreciated.

#2 Beachdog

Beachdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationCape Cod Massachusetts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

I eat pretty much what I want but am still early in the game. Suggest you check in with "Ask the Nutritionist" who gives great advice in eating questions.

I take the extended release C/L twice a day and find it to be pretty good.

#3 gmk

gmk

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

I eat pretty much what I want but am still early in the game. Suggest you check in with "Ask the Nutritionist" who gives great advice in eating questions.

I take the extended release C/L twice a day and find it to be pretty good.

Human nature is such that when a higher price tag is put on something, it faces less rejection on the market than
a cheaper item.
gmk

#4 RandyL3

RandyL3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

i'm 43 and been on mirapex for about 2 years now. but i feel its time to start carb-levo. my doc agrees. i have 25/100 and supposed to take one tablet 2x a day, with reduced mirapex. any advice on what to eat? i've read avoid proteins, but i have teeth and teeth are for eating meats! any help is appreciated.

High protein meals can definitely affect your medications effectiveness. For myself, I make adjustments to my meals to work with my activities that day. Some folks need to eat when they take their meds to prevent nausea. Fortunately I don't so I have my first round on an empty stomach with a cup of black coffee. An hour or so later I have something, usually yogurt and fruit. I take a dose right before lunch and try to keep the protein to a minimum. If I have too much lunch the afternoon is difficult. I save the protein for the evening. (If I had a choice, meat would cover most of my food groups.) That's the routine that works for me for the weekdays. If you pay attention to the content and timing of your meals relative to taking your meds, you should be able to figure out what works for you.

Good luck,
Randy

#5 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

I take my first dose in the morning on an empty stomach and eat about an hour later. I eat what I want, which isn't much during the day. Then I eat whatever we have for dinner. I take Sinemet every 3 1/hours, and just added .5 mg Mirapex twice a day.

Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users