• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimbo

jimbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

I am currently taking 5x 0.7 mirapexin which I have been building up to over the last 5 years. My symptoms have recently become worse should I be changing my medication to something else.

#2 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Advanced Member

• Ask the Pharmacist Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Well, there may be a couple of options for you.
1-You can swith to requip for 1-3 months and then go back to mirapexin. Sometimes even a short break from the medicine can clear your body of the med, which it is now a normal part of who you are, because you have taken it so long. Which leads me to my next option.
2-I have heard and seen Dr's try "drug holiday," this is where a person goes off the med for 3-5 days, maybe shorter, then when they go back on it, it is like the first time they took it. I never recommend this unlesss under a Dr's care.
3- lastly, you need to define which symptoms have proceeded to get worse. PD is like a weed. New symptoms pop up, and we don't even realize that they are related to PD. So, it could be as simple as an increase in dose or adding on another med. Your job is to keep a journel of day to day activities and when you take your meds. Also, what symptoms are most bothersome or the newest. Bring this into the Dr to give them a better idea of what is going on.
Keep me updated.

I am currently taking 5x 0.7 mirapexin which I have been building up to over the last 5 years. My symptoms have recently become worse should I be changing my medication to something else.

Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users