Jump to content

E-Newsletter Signup Like us on Facebook Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter

Help for caregivers

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mickeymike



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

My wife and I are both retired. She was diagnosed with PD at age 37. Although her progression has been quite slow, it has now"speeded up" at age 66 and I am now in a quandry. I have a part time job that takes me away from her for 4 hours a day, 3 days a week and I hate leaving her alone even for those 4 hours. She is now prone to falling, has some dementia, and mood swings. Is there any help, physically or monetarily that can be accessed?

#2 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

I think it depends on where you live, what your income level is, and probably other factors. I find that the best place to start is with your county's Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS or DSHS). Also, you could call your local chapter of National Parkinson Foundation or American Parkinson Foundation. If you have access to a social worker (like maybe at a senior center), they are most helpful in finding resources. Hope this helps.


I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users