Gautam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGoa, India

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

Hi Folks,

I'm Gautam from India. Used to be quite active on this Forum earlier and would like to re-connect with my old friends and make some new ones as well!

#2 Silverfoxx

Silverfoxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPitman, NJ USA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

[quote name='Gautam' date='31 March 2012 - 04:38 AM' timestamp='1333186733' post='47105']
Hi Folks,

I'm Gautam from India. Used to be quite active on this Forum earlier and would like to re-connect with my old friends and make some new ones as well!

Hello Gatam, my dear friend, /how are you and your family? Well I pray! It is so good to see a post from you once again on the NPF Open Forum! John Ball and I still remain in touch. Brian Porr is doing well in Texas, JoAnne Brown, is still, JoAnne Brown, LOL!!! I don't hear from our old poet friend Jerry Storm since he and his wife Susan relocated to Hawaii several years ago. I do "hear" from Susan occasionally, and she updates me on how Jerry is doing. He has become a loner since being in Hawaii!

As for me, I've had my 2nd DBS, in 2009. My PD is still progressing on a steady pace, but it is still manageable. I do have a far worse "enemy" I am fighting today, end stage Emphysema. Docs discovered it in my lungs two years ago. At the time, they only gave me two to two and a half years to live. As you can see, it's the two year mark and I'm still here! I do believe that the strengths I've gained in my fight against PD for the last 35-1/2 years are enabling me to fight this new "monster" in my life! Even though PD is terrible, it is only life altering and we, most of us, can adjust and adapt to the subtle changes the progression brimgs. But, we can live with it. Emphysema, on the other hand, is a killer. It will take my life one day, but, while I'm still alive I'm going to fight it with my best fight my friend!

Your friend in PD,

Jim Evridge "AKA:SILVERFOXX_FIGHTING_BACK"
"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into a flame by another human being. Each of us owes our deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light." Albert Schweitzer

#3 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hi Folks,

Hi Gautam, I'm one that you don't know. I sneaked in when no one was looking. I was diagnosed in 2006 but in 2011 the MDS changed my diagnosis to Corticobasal Degeneration. But at the last visit said he didn't really know and he might change the diagnosis later.

I'm on Pramipexole and benztropine. Just started so we are increasing the dose slowly. Nice to meet you.

marcia
<3.<3.<3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users