1 reply to this topic

#1 Gardener

Gardener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

I was diagnosed with pd about 7 months ago at age 55. I started symptoms about 3 or 4 years prior. Involuntary movements of my jaw sent me to the doctor and ultimately resulted in the diagnosis. Before I started medication, my symptoms were always worse upon waking and for the first few hours of the morning. As the day progressed, I almost always felt better. This pattern continues even with medication (currently on amantadine and mirapex generic). Recently, I started taking a fourth dose of mirapex in the middle of the night hoping it would help with morning symptoms. So far there has been no change. Does anyone else have this pattern?

#2 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Yes, mornings are worse for me. I get up around 8:00 (after finally falling asleep just a few hours earlier) and take my first Sinemet and Mirapex of the day. I go back to bed and watch tv for half hour or so until the pills kick in. I'm a little better and can get dressed, eat breakfast, and make my bed. However, I most times feel like I could use another pill after only 2 hours. Sometimes I'll take a half a Sinemet pill. Other times I just ride it out til my 11:30 dosage. Then I'm usually ok for the rest of the day depedending what I'm doing. I never schedule any appointments until late morning or early afternoon when I'm at my best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users