1 reply to this topic

#1 Gardener

Gardener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

I was diagnosed with pd about 7 months ago at age 55. I started symptoms about 3 or 4 years prior. Involuntary movements of my jaw sent me to the doctor and ultimately resulted in the diagnosis. Before I started medication, my symptoms were always worse upon waking and for the first few hours of the morning. As the day progressed, I almost always felt better. This pattern continues even with medication (currently on amantadine and mirapex generic). Recently, I started taking a fourth dose of mirapex in the middle of the night hoping it would help with morning symptoms. So far there has been no change. Does anyone else have this pattern?

Gardener, female, 58, diagnosed at 55, 650 mg of Sinemet daily.

#2 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Yes, mornings are worse for me. I get up around 8:00 (after finally falling asleep just a few hours earlier) and take my first Sinemet and Mirapex of the day. I go back to bed and watch tv for half hour or so until the pills kick in. I'm a little better and can get dressed, eat breakfast, and make my bed. However, I most times feel like I could use another pill after only 2 hours. Sometimes I'll take a half a Sinemet pill. Other times I just ride it out til my 11:30 dosage. Then I'm usually ok for the rest of the day depedending what I'm doing. I never schedule any appointments until late morning or early afternoon when I'm at my best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users