• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grandma2

grandma2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

This is my first time to visit. My husband and I are 74 and he was first diagnosed with dementia about 6 years ago. As things progressed he was diagnosed with PD about 2 years ago. From reading comments here I see there really are no pat answers to this disease. I believe he has had PD much longer than we realized, probably almost 8 years.

The biggest problem I have is his depression. He has had depression since 1970 and it runs in cycles. But lately, with trying to accept all the changes in his life he has hit bottom. I try so hard to keep myself from being depressed, but am not always successful. Yesterday was the first Easter service we have missed since 1972. He is having a lot of pain with this and it is hard to tell if it is from his arthritis or related to the PD. We are seeing a new neurologist soon and hope he can offer some help.

Thanks for listening.
Barbara

#2 coacht

coacht

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

Barbara,
The caregivers part of the forum is not as active as it used to be. Look through a lot of the old posts and you can probably find a lot of answers. It is tough with both dementia and PD. Hang in there.
Coach T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users