#21 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

Advanced Member

• Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,525 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:24 AM

There are many places in the United States and around the world that offer deep brain stimulation if this is the operation you are referring to.  Our NPF helpline 18004PDINFO may be able to help.

Michael S. Okun, M.D.

Author of Amazon Kindle, Paperback and Audio of 10 Breakthrough Therapies for Parkinson's Disease
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

#22 Yokam

Yokam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:39 AM

My mom is taking reuip and cardadopa levadopa and serequel, in very low doses because she's in a wheel chair .She is having trouble with auditory and visual hallucinations,she heard the tv saying things about the family and she sees people cats and rats a lot. She has depression,irratablity,and extreme paranoia. she thinks food is poison and that her pills are kiling her,that we are going to loose our house or that someone robbed us.It is very hard to get her to take her meds and most of the time she lets them dissolve in her mouth instead of swallowing them. I'm not sure what's going on but about a m9nth ago she started taking celexa for her deppression and she really lost touch with reality so we slowly got her off of it but I don't know if it triggered something but she seems like she's in a psychosis . we are going to take her to a psychiatrist but i was wondering how cbd and medical marijuana helps with or...I really think the pills are causing this she used to be on 4 times the pills when she was walking but it was impossible to hav3 a relationship with her. What do you think doctor?

#23 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

Advanced Member

• Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,525 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

We usually do not keep our patients on requip (we use just sinemet plus either clozapine or seroquel).  The medications could indeed be contributing.

• RobertSaws likes this

Michael S. Okun, M.D.

Author of Amazon Kindle, Paperback and Audio of 10 Breakthrough Therapies for Parkinson's Disease
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parkinson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users