• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TonyLayton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hello everyone,

Greetings to all, This is Tony Layton, a newbie to this. I didn't have found introduction thread anywhere, so I'm introducing myself here, if any inconvenience occurred, I apologise. I have found a lot of topics which are helpful for me and I want to participate in all those topics to gain and share knowledge other people around the world. Meanwhile I want good relationship with the people's and senior members. Hope that all will cooperate with me and ask for help if required.

Best regards
Tony Layton

#2 williamg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTrapped in a body of Chaos and Confusion

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Welcome Tony!!!!
I'm not crazy, I'm just special!! ..No, wait..... Maybe I am Crazy. One second...... I have to talk to myself about this... Hold on......................

#3 AnthonyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Welcome Tony

#4 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Welcome, Tony. We all have a lot to offer. I look forward to getting to know you!

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

First symptoms: right-hand tremor, constipation and restless arms 1978 (age 25). Depression and anxiety (non-motor symptoms) began in 1989 and worsened through the years. Last inpatient episode June 2013.

Diagnosed December 2010 by a regular neurologist (age 57). After negative reactions to Requip, Mirapex and selegiline began Sinemet 25/100 3x/day. First MDS visit in Houston in February of 2011 was inconclusive. Second MDS visit at Baylor Fort Worth in May/June 2011 diagnosis changed to Parkinsonism, Sinemet stopped. Third MDS visit in August 2011 in WA State: received a confirmed diagnosis of idiopathic PD which had started on the right side and had now crossed to the left side as well. Restarted on Sinemet 25/100 4x/day. A short trial of Amantadine caused audio hallucinations in September 2011.

Current medications at age 63: Duopa gel via PEG-J tube, 6ml loading dose; continuous dose 2 ml.  Trazodone 150 mg at bedtime, Fluvoxamine 300 mg at bedtime. Clonazepam 0.5 mg morning and afternoon, 1 mg at bedtime. Vit D3 2x/day, Calcium Carbonate Susp. 5 cc daily, Baclofen 10 mg 3x/day, Flonase two sprays 2x/day, Calcitonin-Salmon nasal spray once daily (for osteoporosis). Gel eye drops as needed throughout the day, Restasis Eye drops 2x/day, Nighttime eye ointment at bedtime. 02 2L per nasal cannula while asleep. Walker, electric wheelchair, moist and soft or pureed foods and 135 caregiver hours per month keep me moving.

Edited 2/5/2016

#5 Vanillab1027

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Welcome, Tony!

#6 Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

You've found folks with a lot of PD experience here! Welcome.

Husband diagnosed in 2005-Medicines: Azilect, Artane, and Amantadine, Levodopa (1X/Day); Sister and Best Friend from Childhood also have PD

#7 Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

HibTony. You'll find good, friendly people here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

hey Tony..hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do.

#9 Silverfoxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPitman, NJ USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Welcome Tony, At 67 yo, I may not be the oldest member of the group. but I've been a member since 2002, plus, I've probably had PD the longest, 36 years, and still going strong, albeit a lot slower than I'm used to, out of necessity! LOL!!!
So, if ya have any PD questions at all, fire away. If we can't answer a question specifically for you, one of us will surely help you find an answer!

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into a flame by another human being. Each of us owes our deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light." Albert Schweitzer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users