#82 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

I don't believe flickr will work, although at one point I think it used to.

Dianne

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#83 afroney

afroney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

Heres race weekend for us. 4 or 5 of us will get together for 24 hour endurance racing. Car and Driver magazine took this photo of us (out in front) and wrote a short article about our race.

http://blog.caranddr...eading-classes/

LeMons-Gingerman-14-Top_zps0cpiu9ds.jpg

Edited by afroney, 02 June 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#84 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:48 AM

Love the pic! Great u r an adrenaline addict!!! How did you upload yr pic?

#85 AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

They used Photobucket 8-)

#86 afroney

afroney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

They used Photobucket 8-)

Yes. Very easy to use even with my shaky fingers and parky brain. Just upload your photo and copy the image link it brings up.

#87 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

So I tried the bucket list ...copied the link...and no pic...what am I doing wrong?

I just tested the link I had copied and it took me to my "bucket" OOOPS...u all wd hv hd access to all ...

Suggestions?

Edited by New normal, 11 June 2014 - 12:30 AM.

#88 AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

look at your picture on the photobucket web page, in the right side of the page you will see "links to share this photo" copy the link  IMG code.(cut n paste)

Put this code in your post on the forum, this is the link/code to photobucket picture.  

#89 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

imagejpg1_zps13cfbd21.jpg

Dawn on the desert.

I luv the dawn breaking.....and I have LONG legs! I wish everyone cd have this experience... I am trying to walk every day that I can...

(Thanks, Anthony, for the help)

Edited by New normal, 11 June 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#90 elle

elle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationEscapee from Houston to small town Texas

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

You did it New normal and what a dynomite picture it is!!  So that is you!

And look at the rest of you all LIVING life!!  What an inspiration all of you are!!

Thanks for sharing! 

#91 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

imagejpg1_zps582511e6.jpg

This is not photo shopped..is it not weird? I now have a companion...."me and my shadow"...... I enjoy walking the stony desert as I feel it is excellent for balance and muscle memory. The days are averaging 117 degrees, but at 5:00 am it is in the low 80's and pleasant.

I sense a new beginning with each dawn...a new attempt to be disciplined...a new evaluation of my "new normal". It is therapeutic for me to be consistent in ONE thing since the rest of the day is unpredictable. This is a far cry from my old normal...deadlines, schedules, in 15 minute increments...PD is forcing me to adapt to a new normal of gratitude, reflection, and appreciation for so many things I had not yet discovered...like my LONG LEGS!!! Haha I like my new friend. The shadow partner reminds me to enjoy the fanciful...delight in the not so serious....and enjoy a smile even while alone.....on the vast vast desert at dawn. :)

Edited by New normal, 12 June 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#92 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Ok..enough with the selfies...just excited to share the positive part of my day...don't want to bore you with "home movies"!! Hope each of you can have a happy moment today!

#93 elle

elle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationEscapee from Houston to small town Texas

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

Oh no!  not at all boring. I love your tall legs!  An optical allusion?  Quite the contrary your descriptions are almost lyrical re how you continue to enjoy life!  Inspirational to someone who is still living my the clock and trying to multitask by 15 min intervals, two to three tasks at a time. Here we tend to spend all our time doing the work and not much smelling the flowers although we did take time to notice the wildflowers in abundance after an unusual amount of winter rain.  I don't know how you stand the heat!  We get it in Texas but it quite gets me down mowing for hours but at least its usually only the upper nineties.

Oddly enough I asked my husbands PT when things were going to get back to normal after his downturn this Jan and she said I probably need to get used to a new normal.  I quite resented her implying life would never be the same but I see now she was right.  You have turned your new normal into such a positive!  Food for thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users