• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cshort1970

cshort1970

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I wasn't sure where to post but thought I could get some insight here. I'm 42 years old and have had some anxiety issues in the past, but recently my coworkers noticed me shaking when on the phone. I always chalked it up to anxiety but recently have become more concerned.

I do notice that I shake when I'm holding something like a phone, book etc. I have also developed a finger twitch on my right ring finger. I visited my primary doctor yesterday and have since had blood work done and scheduled an appointment with a neurologist in January.

I do not notice the shaking when resting hands but more when i hold something or hold my hands in front of my face.

The doctor said not to worry, but my anxiety is really kicking in.

#2 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

Advanced Member

• Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

You are doing the right thing. Anyone can shake when anxious. The story that you offer is most consistent with a slight essential tremor, or drug-induced tremor both of which can be worsened by anxiety. You are doing the right thing by seeing a neurologist as there is also an outside possibility this could be PD but only an in person examination will sort this out; as well as routine follow-up with a good neurologist.
Michael S. Okun, M.D.
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users