#1 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Ok, PD effects a lot of life. But I never thought it would effect wiping my butt!

Anyone else find "reaching back and cleaning up" more difficult?
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#2 Island Woman

Island Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationNewport RI

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

now there's a touchy subject :razz:

#3 christie

christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Well, actually yes, reaching back seems a little harder for me too lately. the cause must be no other than rigidity of the axial muscles!

Congrat to Luthersfaith. We should feel free to talk about anything in here, especially about things that might be difficult to discuss with others, including our neuros.

-English is not my first language !

-Aged 39. Diagnosed at 35. On levodopa monotherapy (500mg daily).

#4 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

I had trouble. With almost everything. Including what you mention. But also flossing, brushing teeth, getting out of bed, cutting vegetables. Drying my hands. Turning sleeves the right side out. Everything. But it was before I was on meds. I can do these things now. Sometimes I think about decreasing meds cause I can do all these things. Then I remember what it was really like.

I answered this post only because no one knows me here. I would be extremely embarrassed otherwise. But if you are on meds and not able to do this maybe you should talk to your doc about a medication that would help.

The thing I have trouble with now is my short term memory. Yesterday I asked my DH if we had dinner yet. He smiled and said,"Yes,we had pizza." Then I remembered.
<3.<3.<3.

#5 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Oh Marcia, Marcia my sister from another mother! We are so very much alike!
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#6 williamg

williamg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTrapped in a body of Chaos and Confusion

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Don't feel alone Marcia. I forget things every day. As for the other topic, Yep! Not only has it been hard to reach around but I get a terrible cramp in my back when doing it. Combine those issues with rigidity and It down-rite sucks!! Iv'e also been having a hard time in the shower. I can't scrub like I used to as it always turns into freezing.

What ever you do, think twice about reducing your med's. I have been slowly running out this month. Cymbalta and Meloxicam was three days ago and sinemet was yesterday and I hurt all over and can hardly get up or walk.
I'm not crazy, I'm just special!! ..No, wait..... Maybe I am Crazy. One second...... I have to talk to myself about this... Hold on......................

#7 KimAgain

KimAgain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

A lady does not discuss such matters. Suffice to say, I am apparently a lot less "lady" than I once thought! Agreed... Movement at the time of a movement is becoming problematic... but, isn't everything?

BRAVO Luthersfaith for voicing that which I myself wondered if I was suffering alone. Thank goodness personal hygiene is just uncomfortable at the moment, not impossible, but one wonders what the future will bring. Oh well...

Dx 1994, age 45.  DBS surgery, 2009:  Bi-lateral; wires to one battery - on my left side.  300mg Sinemet CR daily.

#8 Kristakj78

Kristakj78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Lol. I've esp noticed that wiping my kids butts! I am ashamed to admit that I have thought about that a lot recently when I change my youngest diapers! I sit there and think who needs to worry about things like this at my age (and struggle with my son's legs in a "turkey" hold with my left hand, while I struggle to get wipes with the right)! At risk of feeling sorry for myself (and I know it could be way worse), it still STINKS!!!!!!! .....NO PUN INTENDED.

#9 she-ra

she-ra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Lost my post!! Which meds help the pain? I hurt before I started meds and still hurt. I have just started taking Amantadine.

Along these indelicate lines, how does everyone manage their constipation? :oops:
Sheila ^_^

#10 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

She-ra....

of course I have never had constipation, but I have heard from a friend that a lot of fibre in the mornings and a LOT of liquid during the day really does work. She adds milled Flaxseed to her breakfast cereal and drinks warm water from the kettle.....quite often with cranberry juice in it....from a large glass (due to not remembering too often during the day)... This definitely seems to improve things for her. :???:

#11 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Can't reach behind so do I do it from the front. We adapt. Constipation - milk of magnesia tablets. I take 2 before bed and one in the morning. I also keep enemas on hand. Sounds gross, but they make me feel better

#12 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Oh Marcia, Marcia my sister from another mother! We are so very much alike!

Wouldn't that make us step-sisters? hehe. Actually years ago I said when I got old and needed a walker I wanted a pink one with an ooogah horn.
<3.<3.<3.

#13 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Has anyone tried a bidet? They seem to be more popular in Europe.
<3.<3.<3.

#14 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Bidet? Wish I had the option. Maybe I could figure out a way to use a hose? I am so grateful for showers and not a bath!
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#15 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

I'd like to try a bidet because every time I pee it ends up on the upper part of my hiney--can't explain it except to say my but is much smaller than it used to be and doesn't fit the shape of the hole on any toilet in America any longer! I use baby wipes for cleanliness and smelling good. Whatever is on sale or I have a coupon for.
Oh, an what about passing gas??? My mother taught me nice girls don't fart. She was wrong of course and after about 40 years of shame I decided that I can do it and not be locked up. Now, I fart like a ___________.

Please fill in the blank for me because I don't know what specific being farts the most~ Thanks!

Edited by Beau's Mom, 17 November 2012 - 04:08 PM.

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#16 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Oh, an what about passing gas??? My mother taught me nice girls don't fart. She was wrong of course and after about 40 years of shame I decided that I can do it and not be locked up. Now, I fart like a ___________.

Please fill in the blank for me because I don't know what specific being farts the most~ Thanks!

If your a traditionalist, it's "fart like a man" if your a progressive it's "fart like a woman."

#17 KimAgain

KimAgain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Best invention in my home!!!

Dx 1994, age 45.  DBS surgery, 2009:  Bi-lateral; wires to one battery - on my left side.  300mg Sinemet CR daily.

#18 williamg

williamg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTrapped in a body of Chaos and Confusion

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

I just rub my butt on the floor like the dogs!!!! :shock: <_< :mrgreen: As for fiber... I eat 4 bowls of frosted mini wheat's every morning and it helps a lot!

As for pain.. Not much works for the muscle pain. If I miss my anti inflammatory med's my joint's hurt like H E double Hockey sticks....
I'm not crazy, I'm just special!! ..No, wait..... Maybe I am Crazy. One second...... I have to talk to myself about this... Hold on......................

#19 KimAgain

KimAgain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yes... I grew up with them. They are very common in Europe so, when I insisted my husband put one in our house when we built it nearly 20 years ago, he did it for me but insisted it would never be used. Nowadays, we both agree, it was worth every penny. Another "priceless" thing? This topic is HOT!! ROFLOL... We finally did it my PD cohorts, we are...

BOTTOM DWELLERS!!

#20 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

I was looking through one of my magazines and saw something that made me think of this post, and chuckle). It's from my BrylaneHome magazine. I don't remmber how to attach pics. So, I'll give you other info and hopefully you find it!
-, $9.99
But, you can go to BrylaneHome.com and look it up. Item number 1518051541274. Personal hygiene refresher $9.99.i hope you can find it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users