#1 Kristakj78

Kristakj78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

I was just wondering how many people had a DAT-scan done, and what, if any side effects they had (aside from financial, lol). My Dr's even gave me a special card stating to law enforcement that I have had radio active fluid injected in my body (that was good for four days). I laughed at first, and then they were like, no, really, police have even pulled over patients detecting radioactivity, and then handed me the card stating I had a procedure done!

Anyone with side effects? I did have a small tingling feeling in my forehead for two days, and a small pain at the bottom of my jaw (not bad at all, but recognizable). I'm wondering if that has to do with the thyroid being effected (I remember they kept telling me to drink that gross olive green drink to protect my thyroid). Interesting test...... but grueling with that 4 hour wait time inbetween injection and the actual test. I killed time shopping though, and went back to the hospital for the test when they called me :)

....what was your take on it (if you've had it)?

#2 floyd

floyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationmeridian,Idaho USA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

HI, I had the scan about a month ago. The first in Idaho to have it. So we did a test run and they felt the need to strapped my head down with that stretchy tape stuff. the night before the scan, I was told to take a iodine pill then another one right before the scan.
side affects? I had a headache but not to bad and now I'm going to be the youngest in Idaho to get the DBS. I enjoy reading your posts.have you had DBS? God bless

#3 Kristakj78

Kristakj78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hey Floyd, no, I haven't had DBS. Have you had it done yet?

Yes, that DAT-Scan stretchy tape was interesting. I felt like a mummy, lol! Started with my head, then before you know it, my whole body was wrapped, and I couldn't move my arms. I got through it though :) They had that camera down to my nose, at one point it even touched it (talk about a close fit), but it wasn't that bad. At least we weren't inside tubes like the MRI's...still, interesting test.

Edited by Kristakj78, 18 November 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#4 someone

someone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

had DAT scan. no side effects. just a pain waiting. inconvenience was my worst complaint, but i was grateful to get something 'firm' on which to base the PD diagnosis, vs. just supposition.

#5 Prospector

Prospector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationKy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I had the scan two weeks ago in st louis. No real side effects besides a sore noggin (the padding on the headrest was lacking a little). My test was positive for parkinsons confirming the diagnosis. The worst part was the 4.5 hours it took to get it done.
Dx Nov 2012 at 40

Meds: generic sinemet 25/100 x4 a day
Azilect 1 mg x1 a day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users