2 replies to this topic

#1 daisy1963

daisy1963

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Good morning all,
Just wanted to share some great news. My friend (45, 15yrs in), had her second round DBS yesterday at Vanderbilt; It was a long road to get there, but the doctor said she had the best response he has seen! Her primary symptoms are severe dystonia and the value of her sinemet had been pretty much exhausted; it caused violent dyskensia. The relief and happiness from those around her were extraordinary. My hope that all find some relief from this terrible disease. Namaste

#2 christie

christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Great news indeed daisy ! I was thinking about your friend, not only because she is so young, but also because she is a mother struggling to raise small kids while having such a cruel disease. not a small thing at all.
So good for her she had such a great response to DBS. I can only imagine your relief ! She is also very lucky to have such a devoted friend like you ! she must be a pretty special lady.
Best of luck to you and your friend ! Keep writing !

Edited by christie, 21 November 2012 - 05:50 PM.

English is not my first language !

#3 KimAgain

KimAgain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

We seldom, it seems, hear the words "Parkinson's Disease" and "great news," in the same breath - so, when we do, it brings tears to my eyes. Tell your friend I'm waving a big flag for her and her team - every win is a coup for us all.

Namaste bachatcha!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users