9 replies to this topic

#1 annfisher43

annfisher43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

I have been dx for a few years. Seems like my anxiety level is really getting to me. I am on oxasapam and klonipin. Any other suggestions

#2 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

I was recently started on Seroquel, and it seems to help as long as I am not obsessing about things I cannot change and unnecessarily upsetting myself.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#3 annfisher43

annfisher43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Thank you thought I was the only one with this anxiety

#4 Brad24

Brad24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

I have these anxiety issues to. I wake up in the middle of the night or early morning obsessing about stuff. For instance I had to fix a broken chair in the house the other morning at 0430! I also could not go back to sleep the other night because I knew my dog needed a bath. The list goes on and on. I have been told this is an issue with PD. I currently take no meds for it because of my profession. Any advise to help this naturally?

DETERMINATION "In the heart of the strong shines a relentless ray of resolve...It cannot be stopped, it cannot be controlled, and it will not fail."

#5 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

I was hospitalized for the anxiety and now take Klonipin

#6 Nospringsaussie

Nospringsaussie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I also suffer from anxiety and obsessively dwelling on things I can't control. Seroquel & lexapro makes a big differences for me. I see a Psychiatrist who works exclusively with a large movement disorder clinic, he has been a fantastic help to me and keeps on the "straight and narrow. I had seen a psychiatrist without the focused experience with PD and he didn't understand how to help and pushed more symptomatic meds rather than addressing the root cause with the right meds and "therapy".

#7 Island Woman

Island Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationNewport RI

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I also suffer with anxiety...worry about things all the time...right now dealing with stomach issue and know I'm making it worse with anxiety...just trying to get it under control...haven't seen a therapist for a few month but will this thursday. Need to work through this...almost think meds could be causing the stomach issue.

Patricia

#8 Brad24

Brad24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Has anyone tried anything for there anxiety other than prescription drugs? If so have you had any luck with it? I have been doing yoga and some meditation. I think it has helped some but i still have issues. I am required to report prescription drugs I take to my employer
and know I will be be put on limited duty If I report taking any kind of anxiety medication. When I first reported taking sinemet and requip XL after my DX my employer put me on limited duty and I remained ther for 6 months without them even having a physician see me. Even though my MDS who specializes in patients with PD said I was able to perform all of my duties. Thanks for any help.

Brad
DETERMINATION "In the heart of the strong shines a relentless ray of resolve...It cannot be stopped, it cannot be controlled, and it will not fail."

#9 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I use a set of meditations called Meditation Oasis. They are available on iTunes as podcasts or can be purchased at Meditation Oasis.com. There are about 42 on one download. My absolute favorite is Beyond Pain. When my neck and shoulders are stiff and dystonic I use this meditation to relax and fall asleep.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#10 Brad24

Brad24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Beau's Mom, thanks for the info I wills check it out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users