• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sl2473

sl2473

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

I am a 39 year old male with leg pain and weakness. I am currently on Sinemet, Carbidopa/Levodpa, & Baclofen. I am taking these meds 4 times a day and are still have issues with my legs. While these meds help me with my movements, the issues with my legs are still there. Is there any kind of other medicine, treatment, or clinical trials out there that may be able to help me? I am fixing to file short term disability with my job, and would like to do something to that could possibly help slow down the progression of this disease before it's to late! I have a wife who is legally blind and have 2 kids, so I need to stay as healthy as possible for my family because I am the sole provider.

#2 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

Advanced Member

• Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

One issue I have seen is simply under-medication and also not taking meds freuqently enough. You may ask your doc about tuning up the sinemet. Also you may consider physical and occupational therapy and a new neurological exam to be sure it isn't something else (e.g. spinal stenosis).

Michael S. Okun, M.D.
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users