#1 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

I've had nausea and constant burping of air for the past nine hours. I have not vomited, but the nausea and retching have gone on for nine hours unabated. and have kept down meds at 6 and 9 PM, including 9 hours. I have kept down 1/2 tab 25/100 carb/levo, 1.5 tabs of 25/100 carb/levo CR at 6 PM, as well as 1 mg clonazepam About 8 PM I was given 4 mg Zofran IM. At 9 PM I took 300 mg of fluvoxamine, 1 mg clonazepam, 200 mg trazadone,10 mg Baclofen, 25 mg of Seroquel, followed one hour later by 2 mg Ativan PO. The nausea is as bad as ever. A medical resident had me take 4 mg Zofran sub-lingual 20 minutes ago. So far no relief. Now my nurse thinks another dose of the two carb levos will put me to sleep. I seriously doubt it. The resident is calling back soon

I have quite a of dysphagia. Could two missed missed doses of 1/2 tab 25/100 between noon and six PM have caused spasms in my esophagus? Since nothing has helped, that's the only theory I have. Please respond ASAP because you will probably answer around 4 AM PST. Thank you.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#2 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

Advanced Member

• Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Two other options for nausea are tigan and domperidone.

Usually missing sinemet does not cause spasms, but in some cases could impact swallowing.

You may want to crush the tablets, take the parcopa dissolvable sinemet or ask about a temporary NG tube they can place to get medications down (a tube through the nose into the stomach).

Feel better soon.
Michael S. Okun, M.D.
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

#3 Gerry22

Gerry22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Have you been diagnosed with spasms? I have the same symptoms and I thought it was gastroperesis. I am having esophageal spasms test on 12/13. But gastric emptying tests came back negative. Can you tell me more about your symptoms and what you have been through?

Edited by Gerry22, 11 January 2014 - 01:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users