• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 low_ets

low_ets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

My Thanks and Appreciation to those moderating this forum. After experiencing what appeared to be a subset of Parkinson-like symptoms, I was prompted by a relative to seek the advice and journalism of our family physician. What started as a mild [resting] tremor in my right hand; - began slowly though surely recognizing some other behaviors [slower than usual movement, terrible anxiety, a change in gait/posture]. Like most individuals, I postulated and considered this for over two years and never actually sought medical attention. Only recently however was I fortunate to have discussed the issue with a Neurologist; - I was of course immediately prescribed Levodopa.

However; - I have one question. What is the typical response of the resting tremor to the introduction of Levodopa/Carbidopa? Although I am certain the result vary from individual-to-individual; what is the general expectation?

#2 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

Advanced Member

• Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,738 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

When adjusted to the right dose and interval it usually helps or completely captures resting tremor. There are however 20% of cases with no response or an incomplete response to tremor, though other features may respond.
Michael S. Okun, M.D.
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users