21 replies to this topic

#21 Keeper

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

I was out in the living room humming Sound of Music and my husband had to come see if I was alright....  Is that a commentary on my singing?  I hope not. Maybe he's just concerned for my sanity since I've been out here for nearly 3 hours entertaining myself instead of sleeping. 

Musicman - I was diagnosed by DatScan as well, with tremors in my right hand and foot too.  I went in for diagnosis because I'd start shaking salt and just couldn't stop... then it would get more vigorous until the whole table was salted!  That was last April.  Started Azilect, currently 1MG.  Now I'm tremoring with the Azilect.  I'm seeing a new Neurologist that is an MDS at the end of the month and believe he'll move me up to a more aggressive medication regimen.  Supposedly he's part of a "Parkinsons Center of Excellence" group, so that should help.  I'm starting to rally the troops and get a "team" figured out since my symptoms are getting worse.  Unfortunately it's going to be a 2 hour jaunt every time I need to go to the Dr., or one of his "team". 

I used to hope I was misdiagnosed, but I don't think so anymore.  I have a very strong family PD history.  The Azilect helped remove any tremor at all for many months.  The symptoms match up with stuff I've had forever.  The best thing about catching onset early is that I can work really hard at doing some of the stuff I'm reasonably sure I won't be able to do later in my life.  I don't know how I got so blessed to find a Primary Care Doctor and then a General Neurologist that both had the good sense to listen, then look at me and say, "Parkinsons".  I feel so badly for people who struggled for years to get a diagnosis not knowing why they were getting progressively worse.  It's an unfair waste of precious time worrying rather than preparing yourself and your family.  At least I know what to blame. 

Hey... I'm finally almost done with the Christmas Stocking counted cross stitch I started 16 years ago when I was pregnant with my son!  I work diligently on it when I'm having a really good day.  I know that if I don't it may never get done... or I'll have to talk one of my friends into doing it... and they're not nearly as skilled at needlework as I am.  ;) 

Sorry, rambling...  I think I'll try bed again.  Good Night!

Keeper

#22 AB-Normal

AB-Normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

Musicman

Posted Yesterday, 01:24 PM

Yeah, Michael, I would say it kinda does that    

Thanks MM, I was thinking that maybe I had some weird tremor thing going......... At least I now know that I'm not the only one like this....lol      

Michael

Current age= 54

Symptom Onset- 1991 (31)

Current meds

Sinemet 6X/day (700mg L-Dopa) 

Azilect 1mg 1X/day

To quote Cowboy, (a former regular forum member)..........Parkinson's brings us all together. With our many differences and emotions. We have something in common here. It is progressive, dangerous and has adversely affected our lives. We come together here looking for knowledge and comfort from one another.

-- Thank you Cowboy-- wherever you may be......................

<Remember, Reality is still optional>

<Love shared, Is Love increased........ Pain shared, is Pain decreased.>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users