21 replies to this topic

#21 christie

christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Christie, I agree with you that PD should respond to Sinemet, YOPD or not. It isn't that I didn't respond, and dx at age 67 not YOPD. I had an immediate negative reaction that lasted for over a month. ................

But, you are right....I have yet to find another PDer who has had this same experience.

Thanks for clarifying this mickie! As you described, your symptoms responded to sinemet (as normally expected in a patient with PD), but unfortunately, you had some sort of negative (allergic?) reaction to it. this can happen to anyone with any drug. it's totally unpredictable, unique to each person, and irrelevant to the response or not of symptoms to the drug.

Our friend Bren, is a little confused, because he doesn't seem to respond to any dopaminergic drug (levodopa or dopamine agonists).
this argues against a diagnosis of parkinson's and could be great news of course. Bren, have you discussed with your neurologists the possibility of dystonia? dystonia is a little more problematic in regard to treatment, but is not a degenerative condition and its prognosis is much much better in comparison to parkinson's.
English is not my first language !

#22 mickie

mickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationRohnert Park, CA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Our paths may be different but the journey is the same. I wish you good fortune, Bren, as you pursue answers and solutions. In my family and group of friends, some have MS, spasmodic torticollis, epilepsy, and essential tremor and they share with you and me the frustration of illusive answers.

Live Now!
May each day bring joy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users