• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 am0665

am0665

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Do you really want to attract PD conversation to your forum? Do you wonder why there have been no posts in the last few months?
It appears that, maybe for security reasons, all members have been disabled and requested to sign up, or at least login again.
It took me half a dozen tries to figure out what your UI wanted, to ask for a new password (long and difficult enough to be meant maybe for another computer to remember).
I consider myself a savvy computer user ... how about the less savvy PD patients?

#2 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Sorry to hear that you were having such difficulty trying to get in to the Forums. I am more than willing to assist. Can you provide any details?

Thank you,

Forum Administrator
National Parkinson Foundation
200 SE 1st Street Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Forumadmin@parkinson.org

Posted Image

#3 am0665

am0665

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Sorry to hear that you were having such difficulty trying to get in to the Forums. I am more than willing to assist. Can you provide any details? Thank you,

Dear administrator,
You must have also wondered why posts to the PD Surgeon and Doctor have petered out recently. Well, other than fewer DBS procedures being done than in previous years, and maybe the clinicians not having all the answers... It is my constructive suspicion, based on what I described above, that the software was changed ... without proper recognition for tailoring to the intuition of an average PD-handicapped forum member. Whereby I'll hurry to admit that the more recent BBB implementation, and archive search, have been considerably better than the previous capability [I seem to vaguely remember a Listserv sw].
I suggest that as admin you simulate:
- an existing forum member (not an admin account, not a new user accnt) trying to recover when the website simply says "incorrect user or pwd"
- also an infrequent user, who no longer knows the difference between email address, user id
- in the process of following the unclear recovery instructions, I was frustrated by having to copy only partly legible characters of your security checkpoint
- finally, imagine a motor disordered PD patient having to input the 15-character password recovery code ... that's a record length in my experience

#4 am0665

am0665

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

Dear administrator,
It seems that every 2 months I am unable to log in and post, until I request a new password.
Anybody else having trouble logging in?
Could this be a software error, an anti-spam measure, a user setting? Does one's pwd expire if no log-in for 2 months, just reading the posts?

#5 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

No, passwords do not expire. Please send an email to forumadmin@parkinson.org with your username and the password that you would like to have, and I will reset it for you. Please do not hesitate to email any time you experience problems with the login process.

Thank you,

Forum Administrator
National Parkinson Foundation
200 SE 1st Street Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Forumadmin@parkinson.org

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users