#261 newbob10

newbob10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

Sheer exhaustion. I'm having trouble thinking or moving today. I am a ghost of my former self on days like today - and I don't know when the fatigue will subside this time. It happens more frequently and for longer times. This is worse than anything else for me.

#262 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationSeattl, WA

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Ditto, Bob.

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#263 she-ra

she-ra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

I didn't get dressed yesterday and barely got out of bed.  There was so much I wanted/needed to do.  I felt paralyzed - separated from my body.  Zombieness

Sheila ^_^

#264 chrissie 16

chrissie 16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCheshire,England

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Some of the things I hate about having PD ,I say some, because you would all be yawning if I broached them all . 1/travelling on Ryan Air (remember I am in England) the budget air line when they herd you together like at departure gate way before it is necessary and I'm struggling to stand in a queue ,feeling embarrassed on using my disabled badge to park when my outward appearance looks ok ,asking for help I find this really hard because I have always been so independent 

Not picking my feet up properly and going flying in front of people ,trying to fasten side zips and sometimes back zips ,sometimes I have had to go out "undone" intill I have met with my companions for the evening , check outs in stores fumbling in my purse and mumbling apologies no one can hear because l talk like a mouse , needing to spend a penny at the most inopportune moments then when I get to a loo can't remove the necessary item because I'm jigging about so much  ,how sometimes I can dance really well and other times my body won't respond to the music ,falling asleep and missing a program I have waited all evening to watch, my worsening ability to converse and forgetting words , eating out and getting food ,usually beef or rice stuck in my throat and only can get rid of it by going to ladies and being sick .

There are so many more things that I dislike but I'd be here all day and its time I got off this stool at my breakfast bar in the kitchen before I turn to stone .

Thank you for being here . 

Chrissie

#265 chrissie 16

chrissie 16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCheshire,England

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Some of the things I hate about having PD ,I say some, because you would all be yawning if I broached them all . 1/travelling on Ryan Air (remember I am in England) the budget air line when they herd you together like at departure gate way before it is necessary and I'm struggling to stand in a queue ,feeling embarrassed on using my disabled badge to park when my outward appearance looks ok ,asking for help I find this really hard because I have always been so independent 

Not picking my feet up properly and going flying in front of people ,trying to fasten side zips and sometimes back zips ,sometimes I have had to go out "undone" intill I have met with my companions for the evening , check outs in stores fumbling in my purse and mumbling apologies no one can hear because l talk like a mouse , needing to spend a penny at the most inopportune moments then when I get to a loo can't remove the necessary item because I'm jigging about so much  ,how sometimes I can dance really well and other times my body won't respond to the music ,falling asleep and missing a program I have waited all evening to watch, my worsening ability to converse and forgetting words , eating out and getting food ,usually beef or rice stuck in my throat and only can get rid of it by going to ladies and being sick .

There are so many more things that I dislike but I'd be here all day and its time I got off this stool at my breakfast bar in the kitchen before I turn to stone .

Chrissie

#266 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Wow..I hv just read all 14 pages of this thread .... I am proud to know all of you....cuz I KNOW each of you have been genuine...honest with your feelings...while at the SAME time you are fulfilling your roles as employees, parents, siblings, and grandparents. Most of the people who associate with you ... Including your family...do not have a clue what "chronic crappiness" feels like...THEY do not have the fortitude to try to maintain "normalcy" when "normal" is no longer available ...

Even if you voiced to them what you shared here, there is no way anyone can understand unless they have experienced the process of grieving for lost capacity, seeking rest and peace, striving for just one moment in time that was safe from fear of what lies ahead....

I have bn diagnosed since August,13. I am retired. My five kids are on their own. My husband provides support and unconditional love.

I cannot EVEN imagine what it would be like to try to work and raise a family with PD.

Many of you share your losses...inability to do things familiar to you...losing parts of your history...parts of your very being. I am sad for you. Yet, I see the gains...each of you are stronger than others to even keep going...you all have gained in ways that cannot be measured...and each of you will leave a legacy greater
than had you never had PD. Grandchildren may not learn to tie flies with you. But they dang well will remember that grandpa never gave up..that grandpa fought his nemesis with honor...that grandma wasn't a whiz at computers...no longer the queen of go carts...but she continued to smile through her adversity....

I am not diminishing your "vents"... I am trying to say that the pain we all feel will eventually serve as our means to teach...teach what ? I do not know....but I DO know that it is through adversity we all learn true values ..and it just might be that in the great plan of things, we, who experience more adversity than others, are called to be the teachers of the naive, narcissistic, insensitive people who skim thru this life unchallenged....yeah, "chronic crappiness" as it is called, does have purpose..we all will know the true purpose in our time...

Sorry if I offended anyone...again quoting, "I feel your pain" but I also feel your strength..thru the text itself, I feel your strength......each of you. You motivate me to continue....your honesty brings clarity to my enemy. Thank you all for posting.

AND, I HATE PD because it took my Harley from me...my soft tail deluxe with screaming eagle pipes, pumped up 15%, with butterflies and roses on the tank!!! and my fringed leather jacket and chaps that used to let me "pose" as a "hard core biker" ( yeah, RIGHT! :) ) those leathers are still in my closet, but they lose something now that I have to sit behind my husband on our Harley trike...!

Yep, I HATE PD.....but I LOVE the people it has brought into my life.

#267 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationSeattl, WA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

Thank you for that, New normal. Very eloquently said! :D

Dianne

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#268 newbob10

newbob10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Yes, New Normal, you've said it well. Thank you. Another thing I hate about pd is what it is doing to my wife. Though she cannot understand the constant drudgery it causes, she can see it, and lately it has been weighing on her very heavily. She is not angry at me, and doesn't cast blame on me or God, but she is sad to see her partner of 25 plus years change and fade. She is seeing the need to cover for my cognitive deficits and beyond being a wonderful wife and mother, a try friend to many and an incredible teacher, these things are bringing her to exhaustion. Again, i not made in any way to feel responsible, but I hate what it is doing to my very strong wife. It's not fair to her.

#269 christie

christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

I didn't get dressed yesterday and barely got out of bed.  There was so much I wanted/needed to do.  I felt paralyzed - separated from my body.  Zombieness

Zombieness...Such a great description of how PD patients experience fatigue!!

English is not my first language !

#270 Stayingalive7

Stayingalive7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

I hate being embarrassed in public because I have trouble with things like paying at the store for items. I feel so slow and wish people knew why - instead I feel like I am holding up the line...very frustrating. Takes me forever to do such small things.

I understand!  I have to ride my motorized wheelchair to the grocery store, and then get them to  help me pay for things, and then they have to put the stuff in my backpack.  Sure people get frustrated and walk away and complain, So what?  They are T.A.B.'s (Temporarily Able Bodied).  At anytime they could be like us, or worse.  You know the poem about I used to complain about the pain in my feet, then I saw a man with no feet, etc...well it's true.  I used to be mobile, a multi-tasker, an athlete, dancer (still do), and now I'm slow as Moses.  But that's ok.  Because if my condition causes one person to come to Christ, I'm satisfied!  I read to an inclusive early-intervention school (3-5), multilingual.  They love me, they accept me just as I am.  That's why I love children.  They can see right through you.  They don't judge you or exclude you.  They just love on you.  Now I'm proud to ride my wheelchair.  And I'm going to put a bumper sticker on it, that says, "share the road with the Handicapped" or "hit me, I need the money"!  I've encountered all kinds of people, and the response is usually love and from total strangers.  Now my family, that's another matter.  They don't want to accept my handicaps or deal with it.  But that's ok with me.  I'm too busy being a brave lady for PD and for those who can't speak for themselves and for the Lord!  So, don't worry about those people, God will change them.  You are precious, never forget that.  You will leave an impact on people you will never even realize that you did.  God bless you! Stayingalive7

Stayingalive7

"I travel with courage, I carry it with me like a suitcase of  outfits" Vicki Attaway

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove -

but that the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child." Aynomous

I accepted Jesus' Forgiveness (Reborn  2003, baptized 2006- His love and His Word has gotten me through a world of impossibles!

Joi de Vivre!  I love to dance! Aeiiii!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not give up!

I'm a get-it-done kind of person!

Lord, knows that I've tried!

"I can do all things through Christ, Jesus". Phil. 4:13

Not perfect, but forgiven! Eph. 2:8-10

You can't change anyone but yourself.

One person can make a difference!

I try to take just one day at a time, but lately several days have attacked m at once!

'Never' is not in my vocabulary!

I'm just a grown-up 2 year old!

I love to play!

Teach, unveil, enlighten, inspire!

If you're laughing at yourself, then you're not having enough fun!

Mature women don't have mood swings, they have "POWER SURGES"

Of all the things I miss the most is my mind!

A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind.

Lord, show me the stairway to climb, Lord for my sake, teach me to take one day at a time!

Education is the key!

His Love endures forever!

When you become a grandparent, you have the right to spoil them rotten, and send them back to their parents!

Babies R my business!

The world would be so much better if people learned to love instead of hate.

"You don't understand a person, unless you walk around in their skin" (Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird)

"I still believe there is good in people." Anne Frank

Of course I talk to myself, I'm the only one who knows the answers!

Hold on to your dreams, that's the stuff life is made of.

It's never too late to ask for help!

I won't give up!

Still here, hanging on, and staying alive!

TYJ!

#271 Stayingalive7

Stayingalive7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

Zombieness...Such a great description of how PD patients experience fatigue!!

I have those days!  Sometimes I wake up seizuring after the PD shakiness.  Then I have to take my meds to take more meds to move.  It's frightening, but it's life.  And it goes on.  Some days I have good days, and some days I have bad days.  Some days I sing, and some days I throw bed pans.  But life goes on, and I'm so glad it does.  Before I found Sinemet, I used to hit the floor before I hit the bed.  I still hit the floor, but I get up, brush myself off, and start all over again! (Ginger Rogers)

Stayingalive7

"I travel with courage, I carry it with me like a suitcase of  outfits" Vicki Attaway

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove -

but that the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child." Aynomous

I accepted Jesus' Forgiveness (Reborn  2003, baptized 2006- His love and His Word has gotten me through a world of impossibles!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not give up!

I try to take just one day at a time, but lately several days have attacked m at once!

I love to play!

Lord, show me the stairway to climb, Lord for my sake, teach me to take one day at a time!

Education is the key!

When you become a grandparent, you have the right to spoil them rotten, and send them back to their parents!

Babies R my business!

"You don't understand a person, unless you walk around in their skin" (Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird)

I won't give up!

TYJ!

#272 Stayingalive7

Stayingalive7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Wow..I hv just read all 14 pages of this thread .... I am proud to know all of you....cuz I KNOW each of you have been genuine...honest with your feelings...while at the SAME time you are fulfilling your roles as employees, parents, siblings, and grandparents. Most of the people who associate with you ... Including your family...do not have a clue what "chronic crappiness" feels like...THEY do not have the fortitude to try to maintain "normalcy" when "normal" is no longer available ...

Even if you voiced to them what you shared here, there is no way anyone can understand unless they have experienced the process of grieving for lost capacity, seeking rest and peace, striving for just one moment in time that was safe from fear of what lies ahead....

I have bn diagnosed since August,13. I am retired. My five kids are on their own. My husband provides support and unconditional love.

I cannot EVEN imagine what it would be like to try to work and raise a family with PD.

Many of you share your losses...inability to do things familiar to you...losing parts of your history...parts of your very being. I am sad for you. Yet, I see the gains...each of you are stronger than others to even keep going...you all have gained in ways that cannot be measured...and each of you will leave a legacy greater
than had you never had PD. Grandchildren may not learn to tie flies with you. But they dang well will remember that grandpa never gave up..that grandpa fought his nemesis with honor...that grandma wasn't a whiz at computers...no longer the queen of go carts...but she continued to smile through her adversity....

I am not diminishing your "vents"... I am trying to say that the pain we all feel will eventually serve as our means to teach...teach what ? I do not know....but I DO know that it is through adversity we all learn true values ..and it just might be that in the great plan of things, we, who experience more adversity than others, are called to be the teachers of the naive, narcissistic, insensitive people who skim thru this life unchallenged....yeah, "chronic crappiness" as it is called, does have purpose..we all will know the true purpose in our time...

Sorry if I offended anyone...again quoting, "I feel your pain" but I also feel your strength..thru the text itself, I feel your strength......each of you. You motivate me to continue....your honesty brings clarity to my enemy. Thank you all for posting.

AND, I HATE PD because it took my Harley from me...my soft tail deluxe with screaming eagle pipes, pumped up 15%, with butterflies and roses on the tank!!! and my fringed leather jacket and chaps that used to let me "pose" as a "hard core biker" ( yeah, RIGHT! :) ) those leathers are still in my closet, but they lose something now that I have to sit behind my husband on our Harley trike...!

Yep, I HATE PD.....but I LOVE the people it has brought into my life.

At least you can still ride!  And on a Harley!  That's something!  At least you still have a husband who loves you, and that is something!  So what if you can't drive a Harley, I drive a wheelchair in traffic with my flag flying at a breaknecking speed of 5 mph.  I'm a grannie on the go!  And you should see me after I go shopping with the bags flying!  I can't wait to get a wagon to haul it all in!  But in the meantime, I'm gonna get a bumper sticker that says "Share the road with the Handicapped" or "Hit me, I need the money"!  And if I can't find the bumper sticker, I'll just use duct tape!  Because duct tape is what holds me together!

Stayingalive7

I will not give up!

I love to play!

Education is the key!

Babies R my business!

I won't give up!

TYJ!

#273 Stayingalive7

Stayingalive7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Yes, New Normal, you've said it well. Thank you. Another thing I hate about pd is what it is doing to my wife. Though she cannot understand the constant drudgery it causes, she can see it, and lately it has been weighing on her very heavily. She is not angry at me, and doesn't cast blame on me or God, but she is sad to see her partner of 25 plus years change and fade. She is seeing the need to cover for my cognitive deficits and beyond being a wonderful wife and mother, a try friend to many and an incredible teacher, these things are bringing her to exhaustion. Again, i not made in any way to feel responsible, but I hate what it is doing to my very strong wife. It's not fair to her.

So what is normal?  There is no such thing!  I should know, I used to be a Special Ed. teacher!   Now I'm special!  Trust me, you are very special to your wife.  Or else she would not hang in there with you!

Stayingalive7

I will not give up!

I love to play!

Education is the key!

Babies R my business!

I won't give up!

TYJ!

#274 Stayingalive7

Stayingalive7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Chrissie

It's all good!  Have you heard of Dance for Parkinson's?  It was started in Brooklyn, NY.  Now it's the rage all over the world.  I don't walk or talk very well, but I can still dance and sing!  check it out on www.danceforparkinsons.org

Stayingalive7

I will not give up!

I love to play!

Education is the key!

Babies R my business!

I won't give up!

TYJ!

#275 Stayingalive7

Stayingalive7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Ditto, Bob.

Ditto!

Stayingalive7

I will not give up!

I love to play!

Education is the key!

Babies R my business!

I won't give up!

TYJ!

#276 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

I hate that the saying " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" does not apply to PD, at least not physically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users