#301 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Well, COINCIDENTALLY, we all had the same Saturday....I hate that my forum friends experience the same thing i do.....

We went out for errands...hadn't been out in a long time...the first errand, after about 30 minutes, I started to fade...tremors worse, leg dragging, my DH put me in van...we quickly finished errands while I sat in the car with the engine running for the AC.....

He is so good to me...and I wince when I see the sad look in his eye when I just CANNOT continue....yep, as many times that I have laughed at the creative jokes told here , double are the times I grieve at watching "me" disappear.....

Yep, I hate PD that always brings it back to "all about me"....I HATE THAT....

So guys, what ??? We just gotta believe tomorrow will be better...who likes shopping anyway, right??? :) sniff...sniff....

#302 miracleseeker

miracleseeker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

Sorry if I have mentioned this story before but one time I dropped my mom off at the hair salon.  It was a new place to us so I was not familiar with how quickly the guy could perm my mom's hair.  Well tick tock 2 hours later and she was barely in the rods.  My mom called me and asked me to pick her up ASAP.  I thought she was done so I said ok.  When I got here she was taking out the rods herself while the hair dresser was confused.  He then told me that he would need at least another hour before my mom was done but she keeps insisting on going home.  My mom was shaking badly and  being seen in such a fragile state stressed her even more.  I quietly told her that her pills were in her purse and all she had to do was take them and 15 minutes later she will be fine but she was having an anxiety attack and refused to stay so the guy took out all the rods and I rinsed out her hair when we got home.  We did however get to go back a few days later to finish up since we already paid him.  My mom's hair came out ok anyways.  That was a bad day.

#303 TeresaJ

TeresaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, and Richmond Va.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

I proclaim Sunday is going to be better. I volunteer in the archeology lab at Montpelier (James Madison's old Pad).
I think Vic has yard work (but I have memory problems) and that is going to go well. As for the rest of you, have a great Sunday!

#304 old+slow

old+slow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNH.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

Well I'm feeling pretty good so far this morning, so I'll let you know how the day goes later on tonight. My daughter just called and invited us to a cookout later this afternoon, so this should prove to be interesting lol. I have a feeling that between 3hrs of mowing and the cookout, I'll be pretty darn spent. But I am going to give it my all, as I don't intend to just sit here on my butt and let PD control me today !

Today I'm telling PD that I am still in control !!!!!!

Vic

So what were we talking about?

#305 miracleseeker

miracleseeker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hi Vic,

Can you skip the lawn today and just enjoy the cookout?  Sounds like you will need a lot of energy to be around people today.  Just a suggestion so you won't over do it.   Take care and have fun with your family.  Don't be embarrassed if you start to fade because these are your people.  They won't judge.

#306 old+slow

old+slow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNH.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

Hi Vic,

Can you skip the lawn today and just enjoy the cookout?  Sounds like you will need a lot of energy to be around people today.  Just a suggestion so you won't over do it.   Take care and have fun with your family.  Don't be embarrassed if you start to fade because these are your people.  They won't judge.

Unfortunately we have rain coming for the next few days, so I have to get it done today while the gettings good. I'll take breaks and just go easy. I got this today ! 

Vic

#307 miracleseeker

miracleseeker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Rain huh?  Doesn't that mean the grass will just get taller afterwards?  So why not wait until the rain is over and then chopped them all then? :razz:

#308 old+slow

old+slow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNH.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Rain huh?  Doesn't that mean the grass will just get taller afterwards?  So why not wait until the rain is over and then chopped them all then? :razz:

Nah cause then it just makes a big mess :rolleyes:  maybe part of my OCD? :D

BTW- I got everything done, did the cookout at my daughters AND came home and cooked dinner !

Good day for sure.

Vic

#309 miracleseeker

miracleseeker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Woo hoo!!!!!

#310 graflexmaster

graflexmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

Vic;

cutting grass...... a cookout?? AND home for dinner????  Man, I sure wish I had your appetite....... Ya know.... out here in Washington, they don't just cut the grass, they smoke it as well................... uh, wait, my bad..... wrong kind of grass.... lol.... I'll now return you to your previously scheduled post.........

I sure hope you had fun...............

Michael

To quote Cowboy, a former regular forum member..........Parkinson's brings us all together. With our many differences and emotions. We have something in common here. It is progressive, dangerous and has adversely affected our lives. We come together here looking for knowledge and comfort from one another.

-- Thank you Cowboy-- wherever you may be......................

<Remember, Reality is still optional>

<I have more tremors, than the San Andreas Fault Line>

#311 old+slow

old+slow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNH.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Mike,

I was hoping we could get away without having dinner but no such luck :(  My timing was off for the free food, and by the time we got there they had already eaten  :angry:  I did manage to have a couple cold beers however, so all was not lost :D

Vic

#312 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

GOOD FOR YOU, OLD!!!!!gonna have to change your moniker...."NOT so old and slow"

GRASS?? That's one of the reasons we moved from WA... Both kinds......hahah ...no offense to present company....

#313 graflexmaster

graflexmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

That's ok NN, I don't "partake" anyway... never saw the reason.....or the need....lol

Michael

To quote Cowboy, a former regular forum member..........Parkinson's brings us all together. With our many differences and emotions. We have something in common here. It is progressive, dangerous and has adversely affected our lives. We come together here looking for knowledge and comfort from one another.

-- Thank you Cowboy-- wherever you may be......................

<Remember, Reality is still optional>

<I have more tremors, than the San Andreas Fault Line>

#314 afroney

afroney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Unfortunately we have rain coming for the next few days, so I have to get it done today while the gettings good. I'll take breaks and just go easy. I got this today !

Vic

We've seen nothing but rain here. I mow my grass whenever symptoms aren't getting the better of me. Between that and the rain, my grass has gotten very tall. The Parkinson's Apathy in me dosent seem to mind though.

#315 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

I hate any kind of wrapper, and do not get me started on can openers, people who tie my grocery bag handles together or baby proof caps (we literally have my sister to thank for those(child product testers) - you can thank me for TANG :))

#316 dinnes

dinnes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

PD helps keep my future so uncertain. I have recently removed some stress from my life, which in turn has made my symptoms improve some. At the same time I have taken on a huge amount of responsibility. The huge part could be for 5 more years. I have no way of knowing how things will be for me through the next 5 years. I don't feel free to explain every thing  with this being a public forum and there is a person in my recent past whom I do not trust. I'm trying to get some of this out. My battery is dying. I'll be back another time, need to get some sleep anyway. 

Sleep well. Don't shake, rattle or roll out of bed!

#317 ck2770

ck2770

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationlorain,ohio

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

I hate the uncertainty of not knowing how long I'll be able to work.

I hate not being able to cut up veggies for dinner.

I hate always having the threat of off days.

I hate that my daughters 11 and 5 years old, won't admit it but they are embarrassed of me in front of their friends.

I hate all the pills.

I hate not being able to sleep, and practically falling asleep while standing up during the day.

I hate that on September 8th I'm having a hole drilled in my head, and that might help a little bit.

I hate the fact that I'm only 33, and it's only gonna worse.

#318 DanC33

DanC33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationFallon,NV

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

I hate the toll this is really starting to take on my kids. They constantly are worried about me falling and hurting myself. My 16 year old daughter has even started counseling to help her deal with all that's going on.  She should be worried about getting a drivers license or career path, NOT her dad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users