#1 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I've first read about PD causing dry skin a couple of months ago while researching PD. Does anyone else have this problem and what do you do to combat it?
Dave

#2 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

To the contrary, I've always been told that PD over stimulates the sebaceous glands producing oily skin,

#3 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

To expand from my initial comment, I've developed terrible dandruff over the last 6 months. I also have very bad eczema on my feet and ankles that started back in December. It has been a particularly dry winter here in VA.

I've read on multiple sites that PD can cause dry or oily skin. Which is it? Or is it like reporting a side effect for a prescription drug, if one person reports it, it becomes a symptom?

See this link http://www.pdf.org/e...anges_parkinson for what I'm talking about.

Dave

Edited by Tired, 14 February 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#4 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Dave - I've not experienced either difficulty yet, knock on wood. I hope that yours can be improved and that when a treatment that works is identified you'll post it. best regards from Roger

#5 Island Woman

Island Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNewport RI

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Interesting topic...I have tremor in left arm and also have dry skin on left side of face and neck only...use extra moisturizer for those areas.

Patricia

#6 LarryH0123

LarryH0123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationAiea, Hawaii

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Interesting. I've had dandruff since I was 15 so I can't really say that's pd related. Since I live in Hawaii, my skin doesn't dry out much because of the tropical weather. I can say when I go back to VA in the winter I do dry out pretty quick but I just attributed that to the environmental change.

#7 Oakman

Oakman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

I take fish oil regularly and it seems to help. I know it improves my dogs' hair and skin. Also use lotion on my hands in fall and winter.

#8 williamg

williamg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTrapped in a body of Chaos and Confusion

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I have both oily skin and dry patches. It makes no sense. My ears, eyebrows and mustache area's are the worst for flaky skin. I have tried lotions and oils, special soaps yada yada..... It seems to be worst in the winter months.
I'm not crazy, I'm just special!! ..No, wait..... Maybe I am Crazy. One second...... I have to talk to myself about this... Hold on......................

#9 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

I have used honeyglycerine soap(for flakey skin) you can find it more in the health and beauty section at drug stores or Wal-Mart. I also use caress (pink one) then add Aveeno lotion, it seems to help,(for now!!)(they also have different types, exp. I get the purple bottle it is to help relax the skin, and this really helps with some of the muscle aches I go through.) hope this will help you. As for shampoo's Aveeno seems to be good also, (its pricey, but worth it) I recently tried another brand of shampoo and conditioner because of the cost, and it's not worth it) so goin back to Aveeno. Bless you

Edited by sarahjo, 02 June 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#10 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

also have you tried baby shampoo, I just remembered my good friend has dandruff in her eye brows and hair etc. and she was told by a dr. to use baby shampoo, any kind will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users