#1 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

In the vein of keeping our minds active, I offer some food for thought from a very smart man.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#2 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Very cool idea. So cool that it will never happen. Allowing the people to be in charge of themselves is just insane, at least that's what the politicians think.

#3 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Very cool idea. So cool that it will never happen. Allowing the people to be in charge of themselves is just insane, at least that's what the politicians think.

History is being written every day. The Brits thought the 13 colonies were powerless, a bunch of people with pitchforks could never defeat them. I'm optimistic.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#4 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

I guess I should have toned down my statement and said probably never happen. Over the last several years, I've lost faith in people doing the right thing. I used to be an optimist, but have become very pessimistic as I grow older. Hopefully, the next election can usher in people who are willing to do the hard work necessary to put this country back on track.

At one time, I was planning on retiring at 55. That has now been pushed back to 60. Considering all my medical issues, I hope I'm able to enjoy that time when it comes (I still have some optimism). Good thing I love my job, otherwise life would be much harder.

#5 vipowitz

vipowitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

this "genius' and his cronies will do all they can do deny stem cell research therapy. He certainly no friend to us Parkies. I don't think the primary object of his hatred ( a black man no less, which I'm sure sticks in this bigot's craw) would deny stem cell research. The health care insurance companies already have reached the "death panel" level long ago. Just ask for an expensive diagnostic test that your Dr feels is neccessary for your optimal care and see how quickly they approve it ,This "genius" won't criticize big business, but is all to eager to attack Obamacare. Dr Carson in his speech speaks about putting the winning and losing aside , but Rush is still bitter because his party couldn't fix three elections in a row. What a pathetic, bitter sore loser. And you, Luther, admire him. I guess it takes all kinds.

Edited by vipowitz, 23 February 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#6 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

this "genius' and his cronies...He certainly no friend to us Parkies... his hatred ( a black man no less, which I'm sure sticks in this bigot's craw) would deny stem cell research... this "genius" won't criticize big business, but is all to eager to attack Obamacare...Dr Carson

...wow, have a nice day vipowitz.
It amazes me people think big business is always the big bad guy.
Toot a loo

Edited by Luthersfaith, 23 February 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#7 vipowitz

vipowitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Luther...
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Mine is that pandering to big business has begun to ruin this country and the greed and graft encompassed in it will erode our empire as sure as it has other empires throughout histrory . Lobbyists are nothing more than grafters. All politicians are merely actors once they get into office. They will say or promise anything that will get them votes. If they don't, they become ex politicians and have to get a legitimate job. The politicians need the financial support and then owe favors. The people are the ones who ultimately pay and suffer at the expense of big business interests . I'm not a democrat or republican. I'm not a conservative, moderatre , or liberal. I'm a full blown radical. My belief is that single term limits are the only thing that will save this country. I believe that if a politician is proven guilty of anything improprietous, it's out you go, no benefits and mandatory jail time. Unfortunately, we will never see that happen. And I believe that your beloved Rush is a hypocritical, pompous windbag that needs to be ignored, not revered. Just puts words into the mouths of those who can't think for themselves. But please understand, nothing personal.

#8 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

Vipowitz,

Did you actually listen to video or did you just dismiss the words because you have no respect for the messenger. How about listening to the man who actually made the comments, Dr. Benjamin Carson.

Dr Carson talks about Health Care approaching the 20:45 mark.

The good doctor has some good ideas.

Edited by Tired, 24 February 2013 - 02:24 AM.

#9 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Luther...
You are certainly entitled to your opinion... But please understand, nothing personal.

I believe you my friend. And I agree with much of what you say. There's much to be bitter about, And it is all quite overwhelming. If I did not have faith in the God of the Bible, I would be quite pessimistic myself. I would say we need a man like Dr. Ben Carson in politics.

#10 vipowitz

vipowitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

I watched the video prior to my posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users