#21 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

Welcome aboard, Sarajo. More later....zzz time for me.

R.

#22 LarryH0123

LarryH0123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationAiea, Hawaii

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Welcome sarahjo!

I hope you find this site helpful in your journey.

#23 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

Ive been taking creatine for a week now and it has helped alot with my sleep problem.How it continues.

#24 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

The cpac was awkward the first night,had the humidifer set to high.After that I slept well.Actualy woke up at dawn,wow.My machine I got from the VA is a Phillips Respironics System 1.The doctor set my machine for a low setting 6 so I don't have mucha problem with high air presure.Don't know what to do with all the energy I got now.lol

#25 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

ENERGY WHATS THAT lol that would be nice to have energy, to get stuff done. still learning how to adjust to these up and down moments. getting there but haven't arrived yet.....enjoyin the journey. LOLLLLLL

#26 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

A good doctor reported most people with parkinson who also have apnea have little morning fatgue from it. I myself don't have any but I do sometimes wake up very irratable.I do use what dr. low says about sleep.rest of the muscles and the attention is only what we need for health.It calms my mind and maybe after my shoulder calms down ill go back to the cpac machine.
My father had parkinson and he bore it calmly.never even remember him talking much about it he never complained about any sleep problem maybe he had one not sure..he was a president of the parkinson group here for awhile also.The disease realy wore him down physicaly but he kept going.he lived till 76 his younger brother lived till 94 .He was in good health except for the PD .he would have lived alot longer hadn't been for the PD.

#27 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

Ive been using the CPAC machine for over a month now and it does have it's benetits.I still wake up some but it's alot better and I don't have much anxiety when i do.The doctor told me the lack of proper oxygen causes the anxiety.The machine is not cumbersome for me either.The one I wear just fits over the nose and my pressure is set low so I hardly know its on.Another good thing is it has helped alot with trips to the bathroom at night.Maybe one trip now.
Hope this helps.

Edited by johnnys, 14 July 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#28 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

thanks Johnny, primary dr, seems to think it will help with my sleep, but also my blood pressure, and also exhaustion. I have to put a call into neuro dr. tomorrow and see what he wants to do, you have given me hope, thankx. what is your sleep span now with it, (how many hours)

#29 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

i usaly sleep seven hours and sometimes wake up early about 2 but now fall back to sleep.I feel ok when I get up and have no fatigue

#30 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

awesome, my neuro dr. called last night about 7-8 p.m. (this is what I am saying this dr. is all about his patients.) we are going to do another sleep study, but this time with cpap on giving me air, and see what happens, also about the dry drunk I talked about the other day, he was saying to stay with meds the way they are and log every time that it happens, it might be just around cycle time, or the other changes and stress I am going through at this time, so I see him in about three weeks so hopefully this doesn't happen again but if so I can write it down, also he said to log down everything going on about the time that happens. my husband and I were saying how we have never had a dr. in the past eight years even try and help us figure anything out, its amazing how these drs. are that really care, it restores your faith in drs. not all but some. lol. thanks Johnny for letting me know how you are doing it helps. make decisions, regarding the next step. you all are awesome.

Edited by sarahjo, 16 July 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#31 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well Ive been doing the cpac now for several months .I hardly even feel it on anymore ..I do sleep better and have alot less periods of apnea.Somenights I do have more apnea and have to get up more.My machine records everything going on while I sleep.
A few nights I tried to go without it .unfortunatly my poor sleep came back the same night.

I do think my apnea is related to parkinson as I never had it before .

Maybe the foundation will look into this therapy seeing so many with Parkinson have poor sleep.

Hope you all had a good summer.Ive been fishing everyday if weather permits.parkinson has not stopped me from enjoying my hobbies.

My boat is one of the most active boats at the yacht club I belong to now

#32 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

i took a extra sinemet pill before I retired and slept sound with the cpac.When I checked the machine it turned out I didn't have any apnea that night. the machine usualy records 4 to eight apneas a night down from forty before the machine.This was the only night in six months that this happened.One more reason to think parkinson is the cause of the apnea.

Hope you all had a good summer.had a great garden this year ,still harvesting many veggies and raspberries galore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users