#1 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • LocationSeattl, WA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Here are the pictures I promised of my newly decorated room at the Shalom Adult Family Home. While such living arrangements were never a part of my life plan pre-PD, I have made the space uniquely my own.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
From upper left: The view walking into my room; the view from the recliner; the dresser and closet, looking toward the entryway, the recliner and bedside table, a view from the bed, my own art a la Matisse, and my Parkinson's Portrait.

It may be a small space, but I've made the best use of compact tiems, and it reflects me and my tastes. It's homey.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#2 Vanillab1027

Vanillab1027

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

It's looking much more like a home. Love the colors in your quilt. :-)

#3 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

looks comfy Dianne. Good for you.

Be cozy.

jb
Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#4 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Nice and comfy. You can make friends there and not even have to leave the building.
<3.<3.<3.

#5 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

It looks awesome! Very warm and comfy.

#6 DANCER

DANCER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

very bright - love your artwork and love your positive spin on things! good luck in your new digs

#7 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • LocationSeattl, WA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

While my room is bright and cheery, there have been other issues. I just got a call from the owner of the AFH telling me to keep looking for a new place because they are going to be unable to meet my basic needs here. They are unwilling/unable spend the money to even become minimally functioning according to state requirements. For a few minutes I felt sad and rejected. Then I realized that their unwillingness to do what's right for me says more about them than it does about me. Then, for just a few seconds, I was angry. Then, I realized that my Source wants what is best for me and will find the right place for me because, after all, I know I don't have the energy to do it all on my own. I am now awaiting a call from the nurse delegator who oversees my care regarding some other homes in the area that might be good for me. This morning, I had prayed for guidance, gotten an answer, felt my feelings in the moment, shared my frustration with the Holy Spirit, and within minutes talked to someone who could really help. The whole process took less than 1/2 hour. I am now much more calm and will await further direction as it becomes available. When a door closes, God always opens a window! Thanks for listening!
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#8 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

One day at a time.
"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users