12 replies to this topic

#1 Tmj

Tmj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPhoenix Az

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Anyone find a decent trick for getting some sleep. Have tried clonazepam , and added Advil pm to the mix. MDS suggested try adding melatonin, although said the data suggesting that it works is sketchy.

I can't seem to sleep for more than 45-90 mins at a time then up for several hours. It's really starting to get old already!

#2 joy h

joy h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Dr in ER gave me clonazepasm and I woke up three days later. I do not know all the crazy things I did during those three days. The good thing was I did not take my keys and went off driving somewhere. I did wake up my family and asked them to take me back to the hospital. My young adult children are still laughing about everything I said and did over the three days. I wouldn't beliveve the half of it except they called all our fire fighter friends to come

#3 williamg

williamg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTrapped in a body of Chaos and Confusion

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Anyone find a decent trick for getting some sleep. Have tried clonazepam , and added Advil pm to the mix. MDS suggested try adding melatonin, although said the data suggesting that it works is sketchy.

I can't seem to sleep for more than 45-90 mins at a time then up for several hours. It's really starting to get old already!

When you figure it out let us know! I have tried everything I can think of and get 2 hours per night. I have tried multiple sleeping meds with and without alcohol.

JoyH- you got to love your extended family (fire fighters) I grew up with them and they are a great bunch of people.
I'm not crazy, I'm just special!! ..No, wait..... Maybe I am Crazy. One second...... I have to talk to myself about this... Hold on......................

#4 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

I get up at 3 a.m. start work (stand all day, with walking) at 4:30, work til 1 p.m. or so come home then puts around the house till 7:30, I hit the hay at 8 and sleep well till 3.
I think keeping active helps.

Edited by Luthersfaith, 05 March 2013 - 05:07 PM.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#5 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Nortriptyline worked great but had to stop taking it due to side effects. A shot, or two or three, of jagermeister works sometimes. I keep a bottle in my freezer at all times! Teehee true

#6 Delta

Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

11:00pm to 3:36am probably the longest I've slept in weeks. My doctor will not write sleeping pill prescriptions. He has suggested Benadryl instead. It works ok but I don't like the way I feel the next day.

Delta

#7 Tmj

Tmj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPhoenix Az

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

All, thanks for the replies. I have not tried the Jaegermeister remedy yet - I wonder if a clonazepam double martini would work the same lol.

#8 Kristakj78

Kristakj78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Baclofen helps me. I take it ea night. I believe it is a muscle relaxer too, so it helps my neck.

#9 Wondermom

Wondermom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Clonazapan plus Sinamet CR 50/200 gives me about 5 hour stretches. If really bad I also use medical marijuana. But it's legal here. I know that's not an option for most.

#10 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

It's 2 am here and I'm wide awake. Waiting for second dose of flexoril and Vicodin to kick in. If not, I'll try a little Jeremiah Weed

#11 Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationNE US

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Baclofen helps me. I take it ea night. I believe it is a muscle relaxer too, so it helps my neck.

Baclofen with a side of Clonazepam just before bedtime, and especially after a 2-3 mile walk or run at some point during the day, does the trick for me. I was having terrible sleep problems until I was given this combination.
Take care,
Sean

#12 AlanDAronson

AlanDAronson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

I have found that the over-the-counter melatonin pills work reasonably well (I am using one called midnight). I also find it helpful to have a light snack before bedtime (whole grain cereal and some milk). Make sure you are comfortable and ready for bed. I definitely have learned to avoid sleeping pills - any from of depressant is bad for my already challenged brain! Good luck.

#13 Tmj

Tmj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPhoenix Az

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will talk with MDS. It has gotten to the point where, on a good day, I am getting a total of 4 hours combined with napping. The clonazepam just makes feel mentally slower - and I need no help in that area as the PD is doing that job... MDS had me take a sleep study, still awaiting the results. Actually, it was more like lying in bed monitoring me while I stared at the ceiling study.

Anyway, enough complaining for the day, time to wake the dog for a walk -maybe I can sleep vicariously through her as she is a champion sleeper!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users