#141 Island Woman

Island Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNewport RI

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wow Luther, that's a one in a million story...strange things in life happen.

#142 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yes it is. Like a ferry tail... Fairytale.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#143 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

That was a much longer break than I expected to take...

I have been in survival mode with work these past few weeks. I am now on a 4-8 week break while I ponder whether it is finally time for me to move on to something less stressful or whether I can tough it out until things get better.

In the meantime, thanks for keeping love alive. I very much enjoyed the video; thanks Luther!

I will update this thread with my own stories in the coming days. (A teaser: Anthony Wiener and Geraldo, meet Mr Mom.) Meanwhile, please enjoy this touching and quite fantastic true love story --

http://mvgazette.com...-yet-right-time

OWV
The One Winged Victory of Samothrace is a metaphor for our struggles, despite the odds, to keep steady and accept grace in the face of punishing adversity.

#144 Island Woman

Island Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNewport RI

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

OWV what a wonderful story....your treaser has my sitting on the edge of my chair waiting. :razz:

#145 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

Just a quick pop-in to say that Mr. Saturday's controlling ways finally did him in. But that's ok. We are at different places in our lives and I wish him well.

As for my teaser (referenced above), I met someone online who seemed quite perfect. Mr. Military is a former military fighter pilot turned homeopath. We had terrific online report and when we finally met in person, we had a super fun first date. I told him about my YOPD and he was completely unfazed.

What was the catch?

The day after our first date, he emailed me and asked if I wanted to see "something amusing." I said sure. He emailed me a photo of himself standing in front of a mirror, hands on hips, wearing only the tiniest and tightest briefs. In the background of the photo was an upright vacuum cleaner.

I am not easily surprised, but this WAS a surprise! First, I'm not exactly sure why he sent this to me. We hardly knew each other. We never even removed our jackets on our first date! Second, who took the photo? Does he own a tripod? Did someone else take it? Third, why did he take the photo? Did he think I or some other woman would find it sexy? Because it wasn't. So that was a miscalculation.... And fourth, what was going on with the vacuum cleaner in the background?? Was THAT what made the photo amusing? Probably not....

I didn't respond right away so he asked if I had seen the photo. I said I had. What do you think of it, he inquired. I replied, what kind of vacuum do you use? He didn't reply. I could practically hear the sound of his laptop slamming shut from 50 miles away.

A few days later, I sent him an email saying thanks but no thanks on a second date. Of course, I was only assuming that there would even have been a second date after that odd exchange because clearly we did not see eye to eye on what is truly amusing.

The One Winged Victory of Samothrace is a metaphor for our struggles, despite the odds, to keep steady and accept grace in the face of punishing adversity.

#146 she-ra

she-ra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

OWV, thank you for starting my day with a sincere, heartfelt laugh. As I was reading the post, my brain processed "homeopath" as psychopath and after I finished reading, psychopath might not be such a bad adjective!!!
Sheila ^_^

#147 Island Woman

Island Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNewport RI

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

OWV, you made my day! Forget the book go for a TV series.

Patricia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users