#21 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.As long as they don't infringe on others.Stem cell reserach is wise and not a moral issue.

#22 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Luther,

With respect, I think I am done with theology here for awhile and those 10 thoughts can sit on the shelf for awhile.

jb
Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#23 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Well, at least I can help with the tricky question of what clothes to pack......;-)

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington engineering mid-term. The answer was so "profound" that the Professor shared it with colleagues, and the sharing obviously hasn't ceased...

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or Endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote Proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law, (gas cools off when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let us look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa Banyan during my Freshman year, "...that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you.", and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then, #2 cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze."

This student received the only A.

#24 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

Where's Luthersfaith when we need him to explain Boyle's Law?

Edited by Rogerstar1, 25 March 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#25 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

ROGER... PLEASE... listen to the first couple of minutes. Do u agree?
Back to topic:

http://video.foxnews...d=2114913880001

Edited by Luthersfaith, 25 March 2013 - 06:49 PM.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#26 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Don't mean to interrupt the thread, but I have just noticed Roger that our post counts are identical at this precise moment (though of course with this post I will over take you, though I am sure only temporarily... ;-) ). I just wondered whether we got a badge or something.......

Sorry....I will retire now

all the best (to all)

Gx

#27 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

I noticed the same thing...intend to go play 'our' number in the government run "Powerball Lottery" later this morning after the L-dopa kicks in...just kidding. In the words of the late bluesman Albert King, 'I'm a bad luck boy" anyway. Listen to a few chords here------->

Nice to hear from you, BTW. All my trucker buddies liked your Boyle's Law humor. As did the family. Thanks for sharing that, Susan!

best,
Roger

Edited by Rogerstar1, 26 March 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#28 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.As long as they don't infringe on others.Stem cell reserach is wise and not a moral issue.

Not a moral issue?
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#29 bobbyhayse

bobbyhayse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Thats' really nice for him.

#30 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

huh?

#31 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

It's nice for him... Really... Get with it Roger. :razz: :mrgreen: :razz:

Edited by Luthersfaith, 09 April 2013 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users