#1 LarryH0123

LarryH0123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationAiea, Hawaii

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

I realize I am a noob here and many of you have been around a lot longer than me. I do have a suggestion though and hope you will consider it. My suggestion is that those of you who want to have political or religious discussions on the forum start a thread that is titled and devoted to each of those topics. This way those who are interested in those discussions will know where to find them and those of us who are not won't run into them in threads of a different topic.

Thanks for considering this suggestion.

#2 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

hi Larry,

I think that is a good idea.

jb

Larry, as I drove off to work I realized that although I agreed with your idea, I had made a mistake. Many threads do get sidetracked into religion and/or politics. But the verbal quicksand that I waded into was titled clearly as to the new Pope and what policies he may have concerning embryonic research, of which I know little about. A topic named this would totally lead to politics and religion and I could should and next time would skate around it with my lips zipped.

(And once again I grasp at branches to pull myself out the pit I should of avoided.)

Edited by jb49, 19 March 2013 - 11:43 AM.

Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#3 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I like that idea, Larry. Thanks for bringing it up.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#4 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

I believe I've got a better idea that works really well for me, anyway: When I run up on a post by a commenter who has demontrated him or her self to be a troglodyte previously, I click past it. Take Luthersfaith for example: There, obviously, is a guy with distinct limitations and considerable self assurance. With nothing to contribute on important issues of the day (issues that to many passing this way are matters of life and death, after all), add a personality disorder that presents in a clipped, mockingly arrogant and baiting style or the standard olde-tyme religious double speak. The guy is good for comedy on any given day and merely tedious on some others. So just ignore him, or me if/when I'm overbearing. The poor man shouldn't be quarantined in my opinion, just as I will not be. This is an open forum ladies and gentleman and monitored at that. Administration will properly weed out the vulgar, racist and bigoted content. Moreover, all of it is mere words on a page with the occasional idea sprinkled in, hopefully. Your disease is about drooling & crapping all over yourself, eventually. Toughen up, is my "suggestion".

Luthersfaith - I'd enjoy your take on the Rev. Mike Murdock's message viewable at the very top of this thread right here:

http://forum.parkins...3583#entry23583

(In good cheer) :-)

Rogerstar

Edited by Rogerstar1, 19 March 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#5 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Well Roger, I don't claim to be a learned person in the category of intelligence that you are in and I would come out a poor second in a war of words with you. However, that was maybe the most blatant personal attack on any forum member I have read in a long time or perhaps ever. What happened to click and ignore?

Which is what I should or could of done (again) but I dislike overbearing by anyone to anyone. Does this mean I am not tough enough.

(And then the quicksand gurgled and jb went up to his neck)

#6 Vanillab1027

Vanillab1027

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Extending a tree branch @jb...quick grab hold and I'll pull you out! You can hang with me here on the regular sand of my beach. We're getting up to about 80 today with plenty of sunshine. Bring some maple syrup and I'll make pancakes.

@Larry, I'm a noob too and just getting to know the various personalities and pitfall topics here. Every collection of forums has its own culture, certainly, but noobs are an important part of that. I like your suggestion, for whatever that's worth. And I absolutely support the click/scroll on by advice as well. I use it frequently myself.

Cheers!

#7 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Ezekiel 3-26 on rebellious houses:
And I will make thy tongue cleave to the roof of thy mouth, that thou shalt be dumb, and shalt not be to them a reprover: for this is a rebellious house.

....smile.

Edited by Rogerstar1, 19 March 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#8 roy g

roy g

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

"I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability" - Ron White

.....scroll, click.

roy g

#9 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Romans 12:18

If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

(in good cheer :razz: )

jb

#10 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Luthersfaith - I'd enjoy your take on the Rev. Mike Murdock's message viewable at the very top of this thread right here:

http://forum.parkins...3583#entry23583

(In good cheer) :smile:

Rogerstar

Roger 'ol buddy, don't you remember my reply to you last year?:

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Dr. Mike Murdock:From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Michael Dean Murdock (born April 18, 1946 in Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States) is a televangelist and pastor of the Wisdom Center ministry based in Fort Worth, Texas. Murdock preaches around the world and is best known for his promotion of prosperity theology. He often preaches withBenny Hinn and has also preached with Tammy Faye Bakker. Additionally, he hosts the Wisdom Keys with Mike Murdock television program.

I (Luthersfaith) personally think Murdock (and Hinn and Baker) is/are ducks.... real quacks!

Prosperity theology is NOT sound doctrine.
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
2 Timothy 4:3-4

http://youtu.be/5Is8QnxviOI

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#11 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

I believe I've got a better idea that works really well for me, anyway: When I run up on a post by a commenter who has demontrated him or her self to be a troglodyte previously, I click past it. Take Luthersfaith for example: There, obviously, is a guy with distinct limitations and considerable self assurance. With nothing to contribute on important issues of the day (issues that to many passing this way are matters of life and death, after all), add a personality disorder that presents in a clipped, mockingly arrogant and baiting style or the standard olde-tyme religious double speak. The guy is good for comedy on any given day and merely tedious on some others. So just ignore him, or me if/when I'm overbearing. The poor man shouldn't be quarantined in my opinion, just as I will not be. This is an open forum ladies and gentleman and monitored at that. Administration will properly weed out the vulgar, racist and bigoted content. Moreover, all of it is mere words on a page with the occasional idea sprinkled in, hopefully. Your disease is about drooling & crapping all over yourself, eventually. Toughen up, is my "suggestion".

(In good cheer) :smile:

Rogerstar

ROGER ! Thank you for your blessing. I'd love hear your life's story of when you developed your bias against Christianity. I sense a lot of hurt inside of you. Please don't go to your grave without dealing with it.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#12 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Luther, earlier today, I thought that Roger attacked you pretty hard and although not comfortable about putting my nose into it, I tried to defend you. Later today you clicked Rogers tirade against you as a "Like this" and thanked him for his blessing.. I guess I don't understand but that is ok. Sorry I got involved.

jb

#13 vipowitz

vipowitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

where's nurse Rached when you need her? What do you have to say, Chief?

#14 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Luther... Sorry I got involved.

jb

Oh JB, Please do not be sorry. Roger made one good point and he also hit Below the belt. I like his comment because he actually communicated with me. Several times he has threatened to never come back to respond to me but he always does. The fact that he brought me up in conversation, though to ridicule me, I take as a complimentt. He likes to use big fancy words that make him feel big and other people feel small. Reading between the lines... There is a lot going on.

#15 joyfulnoise

joyfulnoise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

You all are amazing, you some how think its ok to share your opinion but if someone shares theirs and it is different from yours you want to disregard them because they have a different point of view, especially if someone talks about God. But you all are really open minded right, all roads lead to the same end. I find you all very amusing

#16 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hi Joyfulnoise,

If I am in "all", do you mean amusing in a good or bad way? Sometimes I do offer up comments, think better of why I did that and retreat. Or turtle.

jb

#17 LarryH0123

LarryH0123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationAiea, Hawaii

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Thanks to all who responded for considering the suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users