This is amazing.

Bumped as awesome.

#43 catty1

catty1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

The Harvest Moon will be here soon... September 19. Such a sweet song just couldn't wait!

#44 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

bumped.  awesome rendition.

#45 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

This is amazing.

Bumped

#46 Fighter

Fighter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

I love music but I have a hard time relating to music before the 1980's

Not saying it's bad music

I just can't get into it

#47 Doug

Doug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Iowa USA

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

The music makes me think back to a time when every thing lay before us. Maybe a special girl ,and the first time she snuggled up next to you on the car seat. sneaking your arm around your date at the movies, at least you thought you were The girl who you just couldn't work up the nerve to ask out and then 20 years later she ask you why you never did. You remember your first car, the guy with the mussel car. Scooping the loop with the music up loud, AM radios, we didn't have FM, 8 track tapes and the d___m player just ate my new tape !  Who do we know that can get us some beer ? Riding shotgun in your buddy's car, music up windows down flying down the highway feeling the night air on your face, knowing it couldn't get any better.  As the words go; the song remembers when.    Peace be with you always

#48 Linda Garren

Linda Garren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

The music makes me think back to a time when every thing lay before us. Maybe a special girl ,and the first time she snuggled up next to you on the car seat. sneaking your arm around your date at the movies, at least you thought you were The girl who you just couldn't work up the nerve to ask out and then 20 years later she ask you why you never did. You remember your first car, the guy with the mussel car. Scooping the loop with the music up loud, AM radios, we didn't have FM, 8 track tapes and the d___m player just ate my new tape !  Who do we know that can get us some beer ? Riding shotgun in your buddy's car, music up windows down flying down the highway feeling the night air on your face, knowing it couldn't get any better.  As the words go; the song remembers when.    Peace be with you always

Yes, such nostalgia.  And going back farther..........vanilla  or cherry cokes and french fries after school at the local drug store soda fountain.  Family meals.  Friday night date night.  Stores closed on Sundays.  Sunday dinner at Grandmother's house.  Ed Sullivan on Sunday evenings introducing the newest comedians, acrobats, musicians, etc.  Our cat tried to escape through he mail slot at the bottom of our front door when he introduced Elvis; then came the British Invasion where he introduced the Beatles and the other British groups that soon followed.  '56 Chevy;  Malibu; Corvettes; Sunbeams; cars with big tail fins, long hoods. and little shock absorption; hood ornaments;  water bombs; PF Flyers; pegged pants legs; thin ties; wide ties; rolled-up t-shirt sleeves to hold cigarette packs; DAs; Brylcreem; Old Spice; English Leather; vintage perfumes; Lawrence Welk; John Kennedy's Assassination; proms and ring dances; sock hops; hula hoops; saddle shoes; loafers; pony tails and neck scarves; charm bracelets; spin the bottle; the sound of metal roller skates on the sidewalks; collecting lightning bugs; swinging statues; hide and seek; Sputnik; the original Lassie TV series with Tommy Rettig; Gunsmoke; Dick Clark; jitterbug; twist, locomotion; mashed potato, pony; The Little Rascals; the Micky Mouse Club with the original Mousketeers; Roy Rogers and Dale Evans; My Friend Flicka, Fury; the Rifleman; Father Knows Best; Ozzie and Harriett; Leave it to Beaver; ...

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=12mgCx88t3g

Edited by Linda Garren, 22 November 2014 - 03:33 PM.

Age 67.  Retired from Johns Hopkins University and Medical Institutions after 36 years in a number of administrative coordination positions within the institutions.
Diagnosed with PD summer 2014.  11/2 25/100 Sinemet 3 times day.  50mg Turmeric & Bromelain daily.  200mg Ubiquinol. To start PT, speech therapy, exercising soon.  Lumosity on line.
Take 0.75 clonazepam and 0.5 mg melatonin nightly to help with sleep.  If awake early, I drink cup heated milk (and sometimes 5 mg melatonin) and read until go back to sleep.
For polycythemia vera I take 500 mg hydroxyurea daily, plus 81mg aspirin, and I get phlebotomies every 4-6 weeks. 
For clinical depression take 90 mg duloxetine HCl DR and 300 mg buprioprion Hcl XI daily.
Prilosec 20.5 mg daily for esophageal spasm, hiatal hernia, acid reflux
100 mg. doxycycline and clindamycin topical gel for borrelial dermatitis
Drink kefir daily.  Eat mostly organic,   Drink filtered water throughout day.  Going toward Mediterranean diet.  Take 5000 Vitamin D3 daily
Aim for 9 hours sleep per night to help with all above medical diagnoses and for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Annual MRI for meniongiomas

#49 Doug

Doug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Iowa USA

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

Yes , Linda that and so much more. Boy do I remember those clamp on skates and I've got the scars to prove it including a chunk out of my shin that never has grown back  .I just  wonder if someday our children and grand children will hear a song that makes them get a smile on their face that makes their kids look at them like the old people have lost it ! But I've got so much of the good stuff I don't need to get into their's, but Stairway to Heaven done in elevator music should be banned  :mrgreen:  He's an old hippie and la la la la something and something else  and more something then,     a humming bird hums because he can't remember the words :cool:  The dog needs out now ! Me too   Peace

#50 Linda Garren

Linda Garren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

Yes , Linda that and so much more. Boy do I remember those clamp on skates and I've got the scars to prove it including a chunk out of my shin that never has grown back.  Ow!  Where did you skate?  We used to skate down the sidewalks of my street.  It was a  nice long skate.  Bumpy, but that was fun, too.  The sidewalks had cracks at regular intervals.  :-)

I just  wonder if someday our children and grand children will hear a song that makes them get a smile on their face that makes their kids look at them like the old people have lost it ! Yes--I think everyone gets their turn, for sure.  But I've got so much of the good stuff I don't need to get into their's, but Stairway to Heaven done in elevator music should be banned  :mrgreen:  He's an old hippie and la la la la something and something else  and more something then,     a humming bird hums because he can't remember the words :cool:  The dog needs out now ! Me too   Peace

Doug, you're hysterical!!  Hahahahaha!!!!!

Here's more:  Hand Jive; Howdy Doody and Cowboy Bob; The Lone Ranger; Roy Rogers and Dale Evans; Pez; Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello; Roy Orbison; Rick Nelson; the Beach Boys; all things Southern California; Ipana toothpaste; Bambi; South Pacific; anything Walt Disney; Winky Dink (did you get him where you lived?); Mr. Rogers; Sky King; Romper Room...

What year did you graduate from high school?

Age 67.  Retired from Johns Hopkins University and Medical Institutions after 36 years in a number of administrative coordination positions within the institutions.
Diagnosed with PD summer 2014.  11/2 25/100 Sinemet 3 times day.  50mg Turmeric & Bromelain daily.  200mg Ubiquinol. To start PT, speech therapy, exercising soon.  Lumosity on line.
Take 0.75 clonazepam and 0.5 mg melatonin nightly to help with sleep.  If awake early, I drink cup heated milk (and sometimes 5 mg melatonin) and read until go back to sleep.
For polycythemia vera I take 500 mg hydroxyurea daily, plus 81mg aspirin, and I get phlebotomies every 4-6 weeks. 
For clinical depression take 90 mg duloxetine HCl DR and 300 mg buprioprion Hcl XI daily.
Prilosec 20.5 mg daily for esophageal spasm, hiatal hernia, acid reflux
100 mg. doxycycline and clindamycin topical gel for borrelial dermatitis
Drink kefir daily.  Eat mostly organic,   Drink filtered water throughout day.  Going toward Mediterranean diet.  Take 5000 Vitamin D3 daily
Aim for 9 hours sleep per night to help with all above medical diagnoses and for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Annual MRI for meniongiomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users