4 replies to this topic

#1 jrousos@embarqmail.com

jrousos@embarqmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Good Evening,

Last week my Dad had a bad fall and broke his humerous in four places. He has Parkinson's Disease (12 years now) and Post Polio. Walks with ortho boots and a walker.
In any case as a result of the fall, he had to have a blood tranfusion, (actually 4 bags to be exact), so his hemoglobin was better and he was released to in house Rehab.
He's having hallucinations (which he had before) and the Dr. had just started him on Seroquel. My question, how much time does Seroquel take to start working?
His regimine is as follows:

8:00 am- 2 Wellbutrin buPROpion Hydrochlorine 75mg ; 1 Namenda 5mg; 1 and 1/2 Cardilopa=levodopa 25-100

12:00 noon- 1 and 1/2 Cardilopa=levodopa 25-100

400pm-1 and 1/2 Cardilopa=levodopa 25-100

800pm- 2 buPROpion Hydrochlorine 75mg ; 1 Namenda 5mg; 1 and 1/2 Cardilopa=levodopa 25-100; 1 Lipitor 10mg ; 1 81mg aspirine.

#2 jrousos@embarqmail.com

jrousos@embarqmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Also, what other drugs are on the list for hallucinations?

#3 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • LocationSeattl, WA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

If you haven't already you could post your questions on the Ask the Doctor and Ask the Pharmacist forums.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#4 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

You might check the NPF Aware in Care site and check very carefully the list of medications that can cause problems for people with PD. Here's the link: http://www.awareincare.org/.

It's very easy for everything to get mixed up when someone with PD goes to the hospital. My husband recently had surgery and the Aware in Care info was very helpful to us and especially to the nursing staff.

#5 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

NPF posted this link to an article from the New York Times about the Aware in Care kit: http://www.parkinson...3c4e505/default

Sending good thoughts for you and your Dad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users