#1 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Found out my daughter has stage 2 breast cancer. Needless to say, my nerves are a wreck and my PD is out of control. Help!

#2 annfisher43

annfisher43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Omg Jenette. All my prayers goin your way for you and your family.

#3 christie

christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Jenette !
Stage 2: This is still early stage breast cancer with an excellent prognosis ! Your daughter will do fine !

-English is not my first language !

-Aged 39. Diagnosed at 35. On levodopa monotherapy (500mg daily).

#4 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Dear Jenette,

((((hugs)))). Of course your PD is out of control. That's a normal response to stress. Do not expect too much from yourself as far as chores or extracurricular activities during this time. These are eat, sleep, breathe days. And cry if you need to. Get angry if you need to. Just like facing a new PD symptom, this will require a trip through the grief process. You've done it many times before and you have always come through. Every time you find yourself predicting a negative future, tell your mind STOP! and immediately change your thought to one that is at least neutral. You will feel better and more capable, and in the long run you will have more energy to be there for your daughter.

And for everyone who knows or has heard of Yuma Bev, she announced on FB today that she not only has YOPD, but breast cancer as well.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#5 LaurenNY

LaurenNY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWestern, NY

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Jenette,
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. With all the progress they have made with breast cancer in the last few years, I know she has a very good prognosis. I will keep your family in my prayers.

#6 Vanillab1027

Vanillab1027

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Jenette, so sorry to hear that your daughter's cancer is stage 2, but glad it's not worse! Take care of yourself so that you can take care of her. Remember to cover all the basics....meds at correct times, rest, good food and hydration, and some form of exercise...and gather information from good sources so that you can help your daughter make good decisions.

I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

#7 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Psalm 23

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#8 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hang in there, Jenette. I had stage 3 breast cancer diagnosed in 2003. Take care of yourself first so you can be strong for your daughter. So sorry, but there are treatments and new advances so having cancer is no longer a death sentence. If she would like a forum for other cancer survivors try www.csn.cancer.org/forum

Hugs,
Mj
<3.<3.<3.

#9 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Jenette, So sorry to hear about your daughter. I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer about a year and a half ago and am doing well. My diagnosis came just as my husband started short-term disability for his PD which ended up lasting for five months. We sort of went from doctor to doctor for a long time. Here's a link to a website that was really helpful to me: http://www.breastcancer.org
The Discussion Boards are really active and other women will be right there with information and encouragement for you and your daughter in the days ahead.

I can't seem to get a hyperlink inserted in this message but you can copy and paste the URL.

Surrounding you with good thoughts.

#10 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Thanks!

Lost my balance today and fell, cutting my leg and twisting my back. Hurts like hell, and can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow

#11 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm really confused about what they qualify as a fall. I have fallen so many times I can't remember but my upper body works okay so I caught myself and I did not get hurt but they don't qualify it as a fall until you get hurt. Go figure!
Sorry for your pain.
Vicodin Is a Gift.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#12 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Yes, Vicodin is a gift, but it constipated me.

#13 Kristakj78

Kristakj78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Jenette...so sorry to hear that. If u need ne thing let me know neighbor!

#14 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

Yes, Vicodin is a gift, but it constipated me.

Oh poop! ( pun intended :)

#15 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Jemette - Hope this Monday finds you recovering from the fall. Surrounding you and your daughter with good thoughts today.

#16 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Luther, Well, the way my neuro explained what falls count is if the fall is caused by your body. Like once I fell on a staircase because my leg just gave out. On the other hand I tripped on a bedspread when making the bed so that didn't count. Once backing up didn't see the dogs bone and it tripped me so that fall didn't count.

Jenette, thinking of you and daughter.
Big hugs.
Mj

<3.<3.<3.

#17 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Thanks. Going to an information session with my daughter tomorrow morning at 9:00

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users