25 replies to this topic

#21 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Another great blog from the Parkinsons Women in California. Good info for the newly diagnosed. In fact, good advice for anyone! http://parkinsonswom...r-pd-diagnosis/

#22 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Seems alot of us here in Florida,I'm in Tampa. I love the discussion regarding family, I am very fortunate to have both a very supportive Wife, and 2 parrents that are also PD patients, so they understand better then most. When I first called my parents to let them know shortly after I was diagnised I was taking to my mom and said "you know mom, I always wanted to be just like Dad when I grew up. We have the same hobby woodworking, we both enjoy the out doors, well we also both now have PD" She was very amused by that, When Dad called be later in the day and we talked I explained to him that I thought we could make a fortune selling "Shaker" furniture. If there is one thing I learned from Dad in his nearly 30 years with PD, keep a good sense of humor, it really is the best medicine.

Thought I would add a link to Mom's Blog; Parkinson's Perspectives: A Couple's Story
http://carolennis.blogspot.com/

Edited by Donald Ennis, 28 June 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#23 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Sarahjo,
If you don't know why the Doc is ordering something I real recommend you ask, I know we are sometimes anxious thinking they know best, but your paying them, ask, ask ask. I'm also going in for a sleep study, Doc says they want to see if I have any sleep disorders, particularly associated with R.E.M. he advised that this is very common in PWP, and sense I have trouble getting and stay asleep we are thinking that may be an issue.

#24 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

yes Donald, I found out from the sleep study person, that the reason for the test was due to the fact I wasn't sleeping at night and also so tired in the mid afternoons, so they were ruling out any possible sleep issues the mentioned the R E M sleep. so we will see neuro dr. will be back Tuesday and will call with results, now in morning going for xray on lower back, love this hole new game, thought the chasing drs was over, LOL its all ok, I am truly thankful we have good dr.s we can rely on, and each of you to talk to. Thanks again Donald.

#25 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Chasing Doctors never seems to be over, I'ld rather be fishing

#26 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

hit the pool yesterday and today with the kiddos what a blast. its amazing how in water seems that there is no pressure and so relaxed. but realize cant become a fish. lol hope you are all having a good day. got results from sleep study in mail today, don't understand them all but did find out 7hours in bed I slept little over 5 hours, only 2 and a half hours of REM sleep, took 12 minutes to fall a sleep and wake during sleep was a little over an hour, now how can you be awake when you are asleep? crazy ! so now I wait for Tuesday to find out what dr wants to do. fun fun fun . had xray today and they said the other dr. will get results in 24 hours so should hear from him on Monday or Tuesday. sounds like very fun week ahead. oh then family decides we are having an old fashion davis fouth of july bar b que, Lets see if I can call the future of this lady right here, looks like 5th and 6th will all be restful days. LOL Again hope you all have an amazing day, and enjoy your fourth of July. Thank you To allllll who fought for my freedoms and what freedoms we still have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users