Jump to content

E-Newsletter Signup Like us on Facebook Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter

Doctors who treat CIPD

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Dr. Okun,

I live in an Adult Family Home. A new resident who looked a lot like a PWP has been diagnosed with CIPD after a bout with Guillain-Barre Syndrome in 2011. Do you know of any centers that treat CIPD in the US? I know this is not your specialty, but you are the only person I know who might have some information on this disorder. Thank you.


I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#2 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

    Advanced Member

  • Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

The trick is to simply look for a neurologist who has taken the boards for electrodiagnostic medicine. These practitioners are called neuromuscular specialists.
Michael S. Okun, M.D.
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users