4 replies to this topic

#1 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

today went to exercise as recommended by dr, friends, and ppl on here, so started a gym member ship, well that in itself isn't so funny, but i went today mind you i just turned 45 yesterday and i decide with a friend of mine to go to a zumba class, if you know anything about zumba its a fast slow fast pace exercise, well my feet wanted to do one thing arms wanted to do another, and so on and not to mention the time to wave your arms in the air, and turn around, my body hadn't moved like that since i was a teenager. wow i had so much fun, laughing not just at my friend who couldn't keep up either but at myself, i don't really know how much exercise i got but i do know i have a sore rib cage from laughing so much, then i come home and look on the web site of the gym, and they have a beginner zumba class called zumba gold, yes you guessed it its for older folks or for those who have chronic illnesses who need to take control of their health, also they have whats called silver sneakers, also agua zumba, this should be lots of fun, i am trying to remember to laugh, and enjoy live as much as possible, cuz we really don't know how long we have to stay up on our feet, and stay active, point of this is lets share some of our funny moments, so we all can enjoy one another, and get inspired to try new things, even when we are silly looking. enjoy the laugh at my expense and go try something new, and remember if you fumble laugh it off and get up and try again. Look forward to reading your post. Bless you all, this is not to make fun just to encourage one another to try try try......i was thinking instead of us worrying of what others think of us lets just do what we can for ourselves and if it just happens to be funny then LETS LAUGH AND ENJOY LIFE. i was just thinking of another thing today afterwards i went to eat with a really great friends she is ninty one years old and she is amazing, but we were eating soup, and salad, well for some reason they gave me a spoon with a hole in the middle of it, for some reason my soup was down the front of me, and not in my mouth where i told it to go. LOL life is full of funny things lets look for them. and enjoy life my friends the best we can,

Edited by sarahjo, 14 June 2013 - 12:48 AM.

#2 DANCER

DANCER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

If you can keep your sense of humor, it's easier to cope.

#3 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed my 16 week PD dance class last summer. I learned ballet, the Cha Cha Cha, and the waltz and was not the least coordinated one in the class!
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#4 zackabenie

zackabenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, Texas

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

Laughing at myself is one of my favorite things.

There is the famous Parkinsons "left turn" that's when you intended to walk straight ahead but ended up veering off to the left.
Then there is the I cant find the word game, best played with someone who knows you and knows you have PD. Great fun for all - sometimes they even find the word I was looking for.
And not to be forgotten is the I'm still awake joke - yes I have been awake for 36 hours, but I have accomplished alot while the rest of you were sleeping. I did laundry, ironed the sheets and pillowcases, baked a fresh blackberry pie (after I picked the blackberries by flashlight), and went skinny dipping in the pool.
Joelene -
Smile every day and laugh at least once at something the PD is now causing you to do. I personally love the "left" turns that happen as I walk. The smile really works - it makes everyone worry what you have been up to!

#5 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Laughing at myself is one of my favorite things.

Me too! Its the only way to live... PD or no PD.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users